I remember when there was no internet. Back then, you read the paper, watched the news, or talked to others to find out what was going on. 60 minutes was about as hardcore as it got. Many people didn't do any of those things as they simply did not care. Along came the internet and all embraced it as it was a great venue for spreading their agenda and propaganda, whatever it was. I think the left was especially excited about this and, for the most part, they have gained the most from the internet, IMO. However, I can't help but think we have come to the point that the internet has turned on them. When there are injustices, they almost instantly spread to every crevice in this country and abroad, to everyone who goes to the home page of their email provider, to the forums, to facebook, and on and on and on to what seems like an infinite expanse of places to take in the latest events. Things that used to amount to a news article, some simple news coverage and maybe a softball interview, sooner or later, have evolved to being spread, analyzed, commented on, investigated, twisted, spun, and hammered by a mind boggling number of individuals with an opinion or perspective on it. People who otherwise didn't give a hoot are becoming engaged with those who have had a longstanding and vigilant hunger for knowing what is going on. They can't even post a selfie without being exposed to current events.

The rules have changed and even the most ignorant at least have near instant access to anything they are curious enough about to type in their search bar. I hope for the sake of future generations that we are at the point at which the uninformed hunger for some semblance of knowing what the hell is happening around them and politicians are finally held accountable for their perpetual bullshit games they play with our Liberty and hard earned money. Is the legislation-around-the-rosy about to end? The way these people throw around our money at alleged solutions to problems reminds me of seeing a shitfaced 21 year old at a titty bar "letting it rain" in hopes that he might take her home. I am hopeful that things start making sense soon. I think the bear has been poked too long and they are beginning to realize it. Hopefully, logic will outweigh their arrogance. We shall see. The First Amendment has never been so important and the Second Amendment was put there to protect it. 

• Like 2

I remember

LEO carried revolvers, no computers in cars and you could get a picture of a suspect sent to you by a phone thing called a modem in just 20 minutes and the person running it had to do a week of training to use it.

Milk was still being delivered in to homes in milk trucks. They filled your car up at the local gas station and checked the oil and cleaned your windshield. The only food you could get at the filling station was Peanuts, gum and soda in a glas bottle. Gas was 18 cents a gallon.

All the stores were down town. Then we went to Nam and the whole world changed.

• Like 1

sadly i dont think theres any return from this path, and social media and cellphones have made it exponentially worse.

the only way to revert things, people, and values back the way they were is a catastrophic event that ceases the internet and most modern technology from existing

• Like 2

Once upon a time... the number of news papers, radio stations and television stations that one person could control was limited. Many voices and opinions were heard. NOW just a few MEGA wealthy people own the news. We get what they want us to hear, and NOTHING ELSE!

Time to limit the ownership of mass media again!

• Like 3

sadly i dont think theres any return from this path, and social media and cellphones have made it exponentially worse.

the only way to revert things, people, and values back the way they were is a catastrophic event that ceases the internet and most modern technology from existing

I fear that is the only way things might ever get better if hills gets elected and does indeed go Australia on us all. i don't know if i'd want to live in Somalia, especially since most of my contact with friendly minds are over the interwebs 

What we are doing is witnessing evolution. Most people don't realize it, but I think someone just did.

Sometimes things have to go down the slippery slope for people to realize it is time to climb back up. I think people are shaking off the Koolaid. People are engaged and excited, for a change, one for the better. Hell, even unions are shaking off the Koolaid, lol. I never thought I would live to see that. I was way ahead of my time in regards to refusing to support democrats and being very vocal about it when I was a union member.

It's long past time for the unions to dissolve. All they are is organized crime and a fundraising arm of the DNC. (I know...redundant)

Maybe at the top but the majority of the rank and file at my local is anything but Democrat.

• Like 1

It's long past time for the unions to dissolve. All they are is organized crime and a fundraising arm of the DNC. (I know...redundant)

Maybe at the top but the majority of the rank and file at my local is anything but Democrat.

...and your dues fund the DNC.

Also, I prefer to stand on my own two feet and get promoted because of my ABILITY, not seniority. (and I'm senior) NON-union Defense Contractor.

I may be in the minority here (surprise!) but I don't see this ship of State righting anytime soon if at all.  The U.S. is heading down the tubes of immorality, indifference, self centered insulation and greed.  The downward spiral will continue until We as a nation of individuals gain the values and timeless morality that my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, teaches.  And, if you have spent any time in the Bible, you know that ain't going to happen without His help.

• Like 1

I may be in the minority here (surprise!) but I don't see this ship of State righting anytime soon if at all.  The U.S. is heading down the tubes of immorality, indifference, self centered insulation and greed.  The downward spiral will continue until We as a nation of individuals gain the values and timeless morality that my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, teaches.  And, if you have spent any time in the Bible, you know that ain't going to happen without His help.

We didn't get here instantly, and yes, it will take a while to get back. I agree, we have some problems that will be very hard to overcome. What we call entertainment is at the top of that list, IMO.

There's a wave coming state side that is going to disrupt the system like a tsunami. What remains while be what is right. The government will not be the only area that gets a good enema. The Church is too.  The ripple effects while be world wide.  There will no longer be gray areas like there has been. Basically everyone will be on the right side or the wrong...

The moment information changed from being disseminated from top down to person to person, the left wanted to regulate it. The control of the Internet has

been given away by the left. I fear for the future.

And what did We the People who actually own it gain from giving it away? Not a damn thing. Makes me wonder who gained and how much. We would probably have to scrape our jaws up off of the floor if we knew that number.