Removing/replacing quad rail

Hello. I'm new to the Forum. I have a converted Saiga .410, and it currently has a quad rail forearm attached. I intend to remove and sell the quad rail, and replace it with a classic wood forearm. I am mechanically inclined, but want to know what I am getting into before beginning. Does anyone have advice?

post-51201-0-10261600-1477666910_thumb.jpg

post-51201-0-57478500-1477666922_thumb.jpg

post-51201-0-88973600-1477666962_thumb.jpg

Edited by charpchooter172
  • 1 year later...

I mounted a quad on my 12ga Fury 1 that is very similar. It was no difficulty. I haven't looked in 18m, but we might have removed a retaining piece from around the barrel when we removed the factory plastic. It has a small boss into which the retaining screw threads.

IF you take it off soon, measure the barrel diameter near the breech. I'm interested in some upgrades to a .410 I have not yet found.

Reverse of the order you put it on.  Oh... you did not put it on.  Really not much there except barrel and it is pretty tough compared to the rail.

Hey,  question?  What kind of stock is on it and which way does it fold?

PCF,

It's a Tapco and it folds to the right. I have converted it to wood furniture and don't need it anymore. If you're interested, I have several parts for that thing that I would sell. The quad-rail, folding stock, pistol grip, original plastic forearm set......say $175 for all? That was the cost of the quad-rail by itself. All are new or like-new. 

PCF,

It's a Tapco and it folds to the right. I have converted it to wood furniture and don't need it anymore. If you're interested, I have several parts for that thing that I would sell. The quad-rail, folding stock, pistol grip, original plastic forearm set......say $175 for all? That was the cost of the quad-rail by itself. All are new or like-new. 

Thanks for the reply.  Not interested in a Tapco folder.  You can sell all that stuff on this former in the sale of parts section.