Now I love me some of the local restaurants ghost pepper sauce on their wings... And most retail pepper sauces out of the bottle are worthless... Tell me, Chile... What are your thoughts on Dave's insanity sauce, and how does that compare to a RAW ghost or reaper pepper??? Personally I can't do Dave's...no flavor...just stupid heat...

Dave's Insanity sucks, you're correct about all heat and no flavor.

Compared to raw Ghost or Reaper?

The Ghost is just as hot or hotter with better flavor, a nice smooth burn with a typical chile flavor a hint of fruitiness.

The Reaper is excruciatingly delicious. Very fruity and a big hint of citrus or apple, I can't decide which.

It was also very meaty and substantial, skin wasn't crisp, more like a strawberry consistency but not juicy like one.

After the flames subsided there was a strong, but not unpleasant after taste of it that I enjoyed.

My hands down favorite bottled sauces are El Yucateco's Red, Green and XXX, they are always in my fridge.

Sriracha & Sriracha Chili Garlic, and various Tabasco flavors share shelf space too.

I used to buy all sorts of bottled sauces, was in a sauce of the month club, screw it.

Homemade pico de gallo and salsa is where its at, fresh or canned.

There is a bottle of Dave's Ghost Pepper in the refrigerator at work. I did the toothpick drop test with it. That, mixed in a bowl of homemade chili con carne was more than I needed. 

post-23857-0-20195400-1478089358_thumb.png