https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_127/1597584_.html&page=1&anc=5099635#i5099635

getting in a pissing match over there over 10 freakin bucks... prob is the parts i was selling were valued about 43$.  prob is if i give back ten thats almost 25% of the sale price, and i dont feel like it was all my fault...

is there a good alternaitve to them in terms of active members? 

AR15armory.com. It's smaller, but an excellent group of people. Just for the record, I cannot tell you how many people have come to the Armory from AR15.com. They refer to it as "the other forum". laugh.png 

Just do yourself a favor, though, if you do go to the Armory, don't talk bad about AR15.com, or other gun forums. It's against their rules.

• Like 1

I kind of hate that "other forum" kind of nonsense. Can't think of any places where it's paralleled though. I refuse to talk like that.

Arf is too big to be generally sensible, but the main reason I avoid it is their old style thread quoting is eye cancer. It takes so much effort to sort out the quote chains in replies from the new comment that I give up and find the same info elsewhere.

This forum's engine is about right, and I tend to prefer other places that use the same format. Didn't the high road flip over to this format a while back?

• Like 1