Short Stroking

OK, from what I've read you have to either cycle a bunch of rounds or do a reliability kit. I've done both and it's getting better but not great.

Stock I could barely cycle Winchester Super Speed on setting 2 and no bulk stuff. I ran about 125+ through it that weekend. Checked the gas holes with a flashlight and not knowing much about them it looked OK.

Fast forward to this weekend. Did the CSS reliability kit and the PG conversion and went to the 3 gun match. Hello bolt action saiga! Ran about 25+ through it like that at the shoot. What a pain. Checked the gas block again and I could feel one and 2 half holes with a tiny Allen so off came the block. Cleaned out the 3 holes with a tiny diamond tool and my fingers then did the best I could to clearance the gas block hole. Took it out today and ran about another 50 through it. By the last 5-10 rounds on Walmart bulk pack I could get it to cycle sometimes by gently pushing into the stock when firing it.

Does this sound normal break in? Keep running the superspeed and maybe some buck or slugs through it?