Just picked up a Colt Expanse M4 today.  It was on special for $629 at 1PM, and was marked back to $699 at 4PM.  I was able to get it at the earlier price as I asked the sales rep about it.  Corporate pulled the special cause they were flying off the shelves.  Now it sports a MBUS rear sight, with a ACOG and ANPVS-14 planned.  Will also have to add a dustcover door and forward assist.  Also added another 10 Magpul magazines to the inventory.

Interior of the lower is milled just enough to fit the trigger group, and would need major work to fit military parts once SHTF.  Finish on the bolt carrier and parts is poor.  Have they heard about deburring once the part is machined?  It does have the FA carrier and not the stupid slam preventer carrier like on the SP1.  Exterior is fine and no different than any M16.  The 16.5 barrel won't allow the use of a bayonet though you have the lug for it. (bayonets are pretty much useless on a weapon that short anyway, but had to try it)

Starting to look like another panic might be setting in.  9mm and .223/5.56 was missing at one FF, and most of the AR's and AK's were gone at another.  Hope Trump wins so it dies off!  .22LR bricks are still pushing $40-70 around here still.

• Like 3

Only 22 around here is just match grade, really how much does that matter for 22lr.

New AR hit the streets this month and no one is lower then msrp due to the election.

It's gonna get worse in the next couple of days, decided if H wins, I'll be buying 2 ar's and ak's as well as getting a pistol for the wife, credit card will take a hit, but we'll worth it.

Just picked up a Colt Expanse M4 today.  It was on special for $629 at 1PM, and was marked back to $699 at 4PM.  I was able to get it at the earlier price as I asked the sales rep about it.  Corporate pulled the special cause they were flying off the shelves.  Now it sports a MBUS rear sight, with a ACOG and ANPVS-14 planned.  Will also have to add a dustcover door and forward assist.  Also added another 10 Magpul magazines to the inventory.

Interior of the lower is milled just enough to fit the trigger group, and would need major work to fit military parts once SHTF.  Finish on the bolt carrier and parts is poor.  Have they heard about deburring once the part is machined?  It does have the FA carrier and not the stupid slam preventer carrier like on the SP1.  Exterior is fine and no different than any M16.  The 16.5 barrel won't allow the use of a bayonet though you have the lug for it. (bayonets are pretty much useless on a weapon that short anyway, but had to try it)

Starting to look like another panic might be setting in.  9mm and .223/5.56 was missing at one FF, and most of the AR's and AK's were gone at another.  Hope Trump wins so it dies off!  .22LR bricks are still pushing $40-70 around here still.

Thanks been looking for some info in the new Colt, sounds like it requires a bit of TLC to make it right but thats ok.

Please let us know how the range goes after you shoot a bit.

As for a panic well I am well placed for it actually in a position to sell of a few, in fact I have got to sell off some to get things portable.

Edited by Rhodes1968

The only problems I had today were, first round in one of the PMAG's wasn't seated properly to feed, and one round that had something like glue stuck to the side and wouldn't chamber.  I went drippy on lube with her as she's in need of break-in.  The ammo shot was some 20+yo LC brass reloads to .223 specs.  Was grouping about 2" at 25m, but quite often I was guessing on the bullseye as I had long grass and shadow obscurring.  Raising the target up, I started printing some quarter sized groups.  I ran a rapid fire drill kneeling on the head of an E type silhouete, and had 28 out of 30 head shots.  Need to get some glass on her, as my eyes aren't what they used to be.

Picked up a forward assist and dust cover door assembly, and promptly lost the clip for the hinge during the assembly.  Just got out the .025" stainless safety wire and secured.  Actually, I think it's more secure with the safety wire than the clip, and easier to install.  Also added a regular strap sling.

Overall a good field day.  Next time I'll start tweaking her out at 100m.  She feels different than the long barreled A1 and A2 that I'm used to.  But she handles nicely.  Really, you need a few hundred rounds to settle in and become one with any rifle.  This one is no different.

Just saw another SP1 like mine in same condition. $2000!  I only paid $450 for mine!

• Like 1

No.  It was to jam the weapon and prevent slam FA if the disconnector ever failed.  The problem is, it chews up the bottom of the carrier and firing pin, and causes more problems than it solves.(like gun control laws)  A M-16 hammer with the auto sear tail cut off disables it.  If you have one of those chewed up carriers, replace the hammer, and polish the ripples out.  Polishing the entire path that the hammer rubs on will really reduce friction, same as the S12.

Also the barrel on this M4 is a non chrome heavy barrel 1:7 twist.  It has the "C MP" for Colt and magnetic partical inspection, but doesn't say "chrome barrel" which would be chrome bore and chamber.

Those Otis Bone Tool's work great on scraping the carbon off the bolt and carrier.

• Like 1