firstly im just so happy not to be living under a state of paranoia of what some asshat 18 hrs away is gonna decide is best for me!

secondly, since there is no faux demand or urgency whats the gun market gonna do??? they keep saying monthly record sales numbers, but i still dont really see hte signs of htat here in wichita... thoughts???

• Like 3

Market will soften back up and prices will settle down. This period we are entering could very well be the golden age for us, especially if President Elect Trump finds a way to nix the Russian sanctions.

• Like 9

Really didn't see any gouging before, maybe 5 or 10% at some places, some had low stocks. Do think some prices will fall a bit. Except for Newtown craze. Most rounds, except 22 have been about same as when Bush, +,- $20 per 1,000. I normally buy from wholesalers. Actually many dealers locally and nationally have been having sales, some up to 30% or better on handguns. Sig had a heck of a deal last month, son and I got 4 models.

Edited by Ruffian72
  • Like 2

thats kinda what im thinking... im just excited to hopefully change the conversation from defensive to offensive....im so sick of hearing of "white privilege" and "common sense gun restrictions" my christmas list looks like this, at least in part: nix the NFA, nationwide permitless carry, get rid of ITAR, bring back saigas and___________

• Like 1

Not only am I smiling because Hillary won't be back in the White House, I am smiling at the thought of all those people panic buying at the end of last week with the sole purpose of reselling at exhorbitant prices on GB after she was coronated. :)

• Like 2

I'd kinda call the new M4 a panic buy, more like worried, but nothing I buy is meant for reselling. 

Still have 60K of ammo to buy and 4 more weapons to finish the bunker stocks.  I'm happy to relax a bit.  Now I might be able to plan and stock a 50 cal as well.  I'm glad I could get the S12's and AK's done before the sanctions hit.

But like the terminator, they'll be back!  So don't let your guard down!

• Like 1

Thinking more long term here and on a national basis, perhaps we have been given a golden opportunity to pass forward to the next generations the true reason and need for the Second Amendment?  Perhaps more of us have gotten a taste of potential despotism?  Seems we have dodged that bullet.  Barely?

But then again you do not dodge such, these bullets miss you.  This time was very close.  Young people may now have an better chance to learn up on what citizenship truly is and this includes being able to pick up and bear all sorts of small arms?  Handguns, shotguns, rifles and if legal, automatic weapons?

Wow, that was a close thing.  A very close thing.  We have been given another chance.  Perhaps another life?  I hope that it is not wasted.  Just me.  Respectfully.

NEW SAIGA IMPORTS! FUCK YEAH!

Market will soften back up and prices will settle down. This period we are entering could very well be the golden age for us, especially if President Elect Trump finds a way to nix the Russian sanctions.

It's pretty easy to do. You say, fuck that... and it ends.

• Like 5

Trump has said that EVERY 'executive order' that Barry O signed is undone as soon as he is sworn in. The Saiga ban is an 'executive order' - does anyone know when we can expect the first shipment?

• Like 3

Could anybody make a double stack .45 mag pistol?  Kinda like my Springfield Armory XD .45 B T TS pistol, only bigger and much stronger.  Would ones hand fit around the grip?  Dunno.

It'd be like trying to hold a 2x6 in your hand. Same diameter, sure, but 1.575" long. 45ACP is only 1.275" long. 20% longer. The grip would be 2.55" at the same thickness.

You're better off with .460 Rowland. Same OAL, close to 45 Win Mag power levels, and it fits on a stock 1911. All you change is the barrel, recoil spring. Oh. Be advised. It operates at DOUBLE the pressure of 45ACP (21,000 PSI). .460 Rowland (40,000 PSI).

If you'd like to discuss, start another thread so we don't keep jacking this one. :)

• Like 2

New imports of Izhmash Kalashnikovs...  Dare we hope?

Not sure, but K-USA makes sense to me.

Pretty sure anybody BUT kusa.

re the original question I expect prices to soften and availability to be good.  A 100% buyer's market.

• Like 2