I've shown some pictures here before but I got a chance to handle the gun on Veteran's Day and pick up some specific info.  Attached are some photos of the new gun.  It operates similar to a Saiga 12, a gas piston driven gun, but the piston and bolt carrier are seperate.  The short stroke piston pushes against the upper part of the bolt carrier.  The bolt slides into the rear of the receiver and the buttstock adapter locks the rear of the receiver.  This prototype gun is heavier than the production gun will be, with the receiver wall thickness being reduced in some areas and the rail being lower.  I should have video of the gun shooting in a week or 2.  Feel free to ask questions.

Doug

post-22191-0-12822400-1479086888_thumb.jpg

post-22191-0-42239900-1479087759_thumb.jpg

post-22191-0-50980100-1479087831_thumb.jpg

post-22191-0-62235100-1479087157_thumb.jpg

post-22191-0-11040000-1479087301_thumb.jpg

post-22191-0-51804000-1479087628_thumb.jpg

• Like 7
  • 4 weeks later...

Hate to be "that guy" but are you gonna build a .410.

It's hard enough for a very small company to build a single new gun design let alone 2.  Probably not going to happen. Right now Robert is concentrating on getting this gun finalized for Shot Show in January, then into production. 

Doug

• Like 3

Marketing questions.  Will the finished production model be presented as a complete shotgun?  Will there be a production line version or will each item be customized to the buyers whims?

Any idea on the retail price for a stocker?  Old question ... what kind of mags will it take?

Will there be a factory SB version available?

Thank you.

Edited by HB of CJ

The final version will be a complete US built gun. There will be options so that you could order a unique customized gun for your personal needs. Various barrel lengths will be available including SBS guns. It uses the same modified mags as the R&R Saigas.

Robert is also planning to make piston retrofit kits for existing Saigas and Veprs to use his new design.

Doug

• Like 3

Marketing questions.  Will the finished production model be presented as a complete shotgun?  Will there be a production line version or will each item be customized to the buyers whims?

Any idea on the retail price for a stocker?  Old question ... what kind of mags will it take?

Thank you.

yes i second this.   i vote for a "pistol grip only" model that transfers as a "firearm" so i can only worry about 26.5" OAL.  the "shockwave NFA hack" basically

Thank you.

yes i second this.   i vote for a "pistol grip only" model that transfers as a "firearm" so i can only worry about 26.5" OAL.  the "shockwave NFA hack" basically

I talked with Robert this morning and he already has plans for a pistol grip only model.  There will be a different back plate with QD cup.  The gun will be able to be changed from stocked to PG only in less than a minute.

Doug

• Like 1