Trump's Statement on the Second Amendment

http://concealednation.org/2016/11/trump-releases-his-2nd-amendment-policies-and-its-making-millions-angry/

Lots of really good stuff in there.

But the single most important sentence from Trump's statement is this:

"The government has no business dictating what types of firearms good, honest people are allowed to own.”

I am a realist and I don't own a pair of rose-colored glasses, but this statement is music to my ears, and the exact 100% opposite of hitlery's "plan to ban".

We've broken through the enemy lines and it's time to exploit the breakout.  Victory is not in hand, but for the first time in a LONG time, it is in sight.  Now is not the time to relax.  Now is the time to attack! 

Our first objective...  The HPA!  Then SBRs/SBSs.  Finally, the Holy Grail.  Will we get it all?  Who knows, but it should not be for a lack of trying.

• Like 8

Not only have we advanced past the line, we are getting close to the goal line. I hope that we can be really careful who we sell to as private individuals. I know you guys are careful but there was a lot of assholes selling to any dip shit with a wad of cash. We don't need to have an excuse to make private sales come under the radar. If the dude looks, smells, speaks or even blinks funny... tell them to fuck off. The panic market and huge profits created some sketchy transactions. Not as sketchy as what the Bozo admin pulled off south of the boarder but a lot of private firearms went to douche bags that should have probably been better vetted. Mostly by opportunists who aren't really firearms guys, just people who don't want a real job and always hustle.

• Like 4

As about 10 year old kids we would bicycle about 6-8 Miles North to Downey CA to a big surplus store.  I remember big wood barrels full of various USGI and other military rifles.  You name it, they had it.  Cash and carry.  The nice lady would NOT sell us kids complete guns.

This would have been in about 1958.  Los Angeles area of California.

But ... like already shared here elsewhere, we had long shopping lists for specific spare gun parts drawn up by Dad and Uncle .... .  The nice lady just smiled and took our cash.  Put in brown bags and biked back home.  Some of the bolt guns were priced at  $12 bucks.

The place was always crowded.  We had burgers at the place across the street.

Memories include the distinct musty smell of that big store.  Endless racks of various rifles.  This was way before the Gun Control Act of 1968.  Their center display piece was some sort of 20 mm anti tank rifle.  Pallets of surplus ammo.  Those were the days my friend.

Back then it was perfectly safe for young kids to bike all over.

• Like 2

We've broken through the enemy lines and it's time to exploit the breakout.  Victory is not in hand, but for the first time in a LONG time, it is in sight.  Now is not the time to relax.  Now is the time to attack! 

Our first objective...  The HPA!  Then SBRs/SBSs.  Finally, the Holy Grail.  Will we get it all?  Who knows, but it should not be for a lack of trying.

Magnificent statement, we are now on offense for the first time in a long time. We have the upper hand both politically and through popular demand.

Just sent $100.00 to each NRA and GOA that I had set aside in case the election went the other way.

No time to relax, not time to stand and fight, it's time to advance and TAKE THAT FUCKING HILL.

• Like 2

Hardware stores selling guns and ammo along with department stores. It would be nice if we could get a rollback on this as well.

We've got one that still does at home.

We have a nice mom & pop hardware store with guns & ammo in the city I work at. A local gas station/deli that sells ammo & hunting/fishing license and pumps your gas and cleans your windshield. My favorite local FFL is about 20 min north. Drive thru/carry out with deli & gun store. Owner also owns a tree trimming service. Every time I finish papers on a new purchase there I buy a case of beer with it before I leave just because I can and because it feels so fucking good!!! Welcome To Deplorable Country!!!027.gif

• Like 1

Hardware stores selling guns and ammo along with department stores. It would be nice if we could get a rollback on this as well.

We've got one that still does at home.

We have a nice mom & pop hardware store with guns & ammo in the city I work at. A local gas station/deli that sells ammo & hunting/fishing license and pumps your gas and cleans your windshield. My favorite local FFL is about 20 min north. Drive thru/carry out with deli & gun store. Owner also owns a tree trimming service. Every time I finish papers on a new purchase there I buy a case of beer with it before I leave just because I can and because it feels so fucking good!!! Welcome To Deplorable Country!!!027.gif

A big sub and a case of beer to go with a new gun. It doesn't get much better!

• Like 2

It is really heartbreaking what the left has done in this regard (too many to list). There was a point in time, when purchasing a gun was no big deal. Sears catalog, hardware stores and clothing stores to name a few. It was not uncommon to ride on the bus to school with your target rifle for the gun club at school. This blame is directly related to two corrupt presidential families, the Kennedy's and the Johnson's. Once again the American people suffer the consequences. Country needs a completed reset back to the Ward and June Cleaver point in time.

I still like the idea of the form 4473 for purchases.  Considering that we are all members of the Reserve Militia of the United States and are to appear when called upon bearing arms supplied by ourselves and of the kind in common use at the time.  The 4473 pretty much outlines all those persons that are either 4F or the enemy, and should not be given arms.  The biggest problem is NOBODY enforces it!  Those that lie should be given the 5 years and $5k fine that is specified on the form.  That and the instant check needed to enforce, I'm totally fine with.  The rest can go away!

I'm also fine with allowing felons of minor crimes to regain their rights after 10 years if there's no further infractions.  Anyone can make a stupid mistake.  Repeat, more serious, or violent crimes should still hold a permanent loss of rights.

It is really heartbreaking what the left has done in this regard (too many to list). There was a point in time, when purchasing a gun was no big deal. Sears catalog, hardware stores and clothing stores to name a few. It was not uncommon to ride on the bus to school with your target rifle for the gun club at school. This blame is directly related to two corrupt presidential families, the Kennedy's and the Johnson's. Once again the American people suffer the consequences. Country needs a completed reset back to the Ward and June Cleaver point in time.

Just to be clear. I'm in no way condoning drinking and shooting. Anyone with common sense knows these don't mix. I'm just proud that there's still place's in this country that treats me like a big enough boy to trust me to buy a firearm and booze in the same transaction. In regard to your post, my Father in law often tells me tales of when he was a young hunter and that when he was younger he would sometimes go hunting in the morning before school, get on the bus with his deer rifle give it to the driver and when he got to school get his rifle back from driver and take it to the office where the principal would lock it up with the other kids guns. Then pick it up from the office before he got back on the bus to go home. It seems so simple but sounds like an alternate reality now a days. 

• Like 1

I still like the idea of the form 4473 for purchases. Considering that we are all members of the Reserve Militia of the United States and are to appear when called upon bearing arms supplied by ourselves and of the kind in common use at the time. The 4473 pretty much outlines all those persons that are either 4F or the enemy, and should not be given arms. The biggest problem is NOBODY enforces it! Those that lie should be given the 5 years and $5k fine that is specified on the form. That and the instant check needed to enforce, I'm totally fine with. The rest can go away!

I'm also fine with allowing felons of minor crimes to regain their rights after 10 years if there's no further infractions. Anyone can make a stupid mistake. Repeat, more serious, or violent crimes should still hold a permanent loss of rights.

I think if a "felon" can be trusted to be free and not in prison then they should have all rights. If you can trust someone to not be in prison they should be trusted with a gun. I also believe in much harsher punishment for violent criminals. like death in any case of child sexual abuse and in any crime where someone died.

• Like 1

More Blasts from the Past.  This is a repeat from an old prior thread on this forum.  I think.  Back in my Junior Year in high school, I was the president of the RIFLE CLUB!  Yep.

About 50 students strong.  Guys and gals.  About 6 or so ex military, (ex combat?) teachers as advisors.  In the spring once a month the Long Beach Unified School District provided a bus.

A Crown Supercoach in fact.  At about 3.30 pm all of us would grab all our iron and ammo from the Vice Principals office and we would pile on board.  Everybody was severely packing.

Off to the Silverado Canyon High Power rifle range in Orange County.  Now long defunct and sub divisions and strip malls.  We shot high power for a couple of hours.  Zero problems.

Then we would return via the bus to ..... ..... High School.  Almost naming names and dates.  Then we mostly walked home carrying the huge load out.  No problems.  No events.

That is the way it used to be.  Fond memories.  At that time I thought this was the way it had always been, was currently and would remain so in the future.  Now over 50 years ago.

Edited by HB of CJ
  • Like 1

I still like the idea of the form 4473 for purchases. Considering that we are all members of the Reserve Militia of the United States and are to appear when called upon bearing arms supplied by ourselves and of the kind in common use at the time. The 4473 pretty much outlines all those persons that are either 4F or the enemy, and should not be given arms. The biggest problem is NOBODY enforces it! Those that lie should be given the 5 years and $5k fine that is specified on the form. That and the instant check needed to enforce, I'm totally fine with. The rest can go away!

I'm also fine with allowing felons of minor crimes to regain their rights after 10 years if there's no further infractions. Anyone can make a stupid mistake. Repeat, more serious, or violent crimes should still hold a permanent loss of rights.

I think if a "felon" can be trusted to be free and not in prison then they should have all rights. If you can trust someone to not be in prison they should be trusted with a gun. I also believe in much harsher punishment for violent criminals. like death in any case of child sexual abuse and in any crime where someone died.

That is an interesting perspective. I have never agreed with people having their rights stripped for non-violent crimes.

That is an interesting perspective. I have never agreed with people having their rights stripped for non-violent crimes.

It has a sound basis in logic.

While a person is incarcerated the state is responsible for that person's defense. 

Release that person and this is no longer the case the responsibility falls back to the person.

Makes parole a dicey thing does it not?

Either a person is deemed fit to enter society or not, there can be no gray area where rights are concerned. 

Actually, I agree absolutely. There should not be shades of citizenship with unending leashes to vague government control. There should be two states divided into four stages of progress: 1) Citizen with unaltered freedoms, and freedoms suspended: 2) on trial/ pending sentence 3) doing time 4) executed. If you finish #3 you should be #1.  If you did something that makes you unsafe for the finish of #3 to render you safe to the public at the end of sentence, your sentence should have been #4

More.  If Trump is serious, and at this point it appears he is, then taking the Second Amendment at its face value and original intent and original definitions of words, phrases, etc., then what exactly could it all now mean?

"A Free State" meaning a state of being.  Of existence.  Of Liberty.  The British marched on Concord to grab up some muskets and light field pieces.  Could Trump go all the way and demand we personally possess ordnance?

"Shall Not Be Infringed."  Does that mean what it means?  I would love to own and operate a quad .50 on a two ton truck.  Or mount a quad .50 complete B29 or B50 gun turret in the roof of a big bus type motor coach.

The whole nine yards means a full load out of .50 Browning ammo in links.  Times four. (4)  A complete ensemble.  Guns, turret, Barbette, feed chutes, ammo tubs and sights.  The Bus Conversion would need stability jacks.

Anybody else got any great ideas for honoring the Second Amendment?  In my case I would have to win the grand lottery prize.

More.  If Trump is serious, and at this point it appears he is, then taking the Second Amendment at its face value and original intent and original definitions of words, phrases, etc., then what exactly could it all now mean?

"A Free State" meaning a state of being.  Of existence.  Of Liberty.  The British marched on Concord to grab up some muskets and light field pieces.  Could Trump go all the way and demand we personally possess ordnance?

"Shall Not Be Infringed."  Does that mean what it means?  I would love to own and operate a quad .50 on a two ton truck.  Or mount a quad .50 complete B29 or B50 gun turret in the roof of a big bus type motor coach.

The whole nine yards means a full load out of .50 Browning ammo in links.  Times four. (4)  A complete ensemble.  Guns, turret, Barbette, feed chutes, ammo tubs and sights.  The Bus Conversion would need stability jacks.

Anybody else got any great ideas for honoring the Second Amendment?  In my case I would have to win the grand lottery prize.

If that happened, after that degree of ownership became somewhat commonplace, we could almost guarantee no other country would want to set foot on US soil to invade. "There's a light machine gun behind every blade of grass..... "

bad_egg.gif

Actually, I agree absolutely. There should not be shades of citizenship with unending leashes to vague government control. There should be two states divided into four stages of progress: 1) Citizen with unaltered freedoms, and freedoms suspended: 2) on trial/ pending sentence 3) doing time 4) executed. If you finish #3 you should be #1.  If you did something that makes you unsafe for the finish of #3 to render you safe to the public at the end of sentence, your sentence should have been #4

#1 "Suspended" as in a probationary period to see if they re-offend? I am sure there is some statistical data that would shed light on what the perfect minimum length for that probationary period would be. Goof up before that and.... you're fired!  wink.png