Vepr 12 Stovepipes

You're down at the bottom of power spectrum with those numbers.

Did you try any heavier and faster 1oz slugs, to see if it does the same thing? Something in the 1500-1600fps range in a 1oz weight. 

Over time and use after it's broken in and loosened up some, it might run those lighter loads but don't keep spending money on them in the mean time.

Edited by Mullet Man

Please read this thread before you take your gun out again. It will save you much time and money:

http://www.vepr.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5390

It is full of helpful info, like how to do a proper ammo test,  and will tell you some common pitfalls and myths to avoid.

I've heard that story a few times, local range will only allow low power ammo, which robs the new Vepr 12 owner of time and money and a true diagnostic of what their gun can do.

I say to hell with those stupid ranges and their greedy owners that wont let you bring outside ammo or place restrictions of my shotgun ammo power. It would have been worth your time to drive to a range without those bullshit restricions. 

Hope your gun functions better with other types of ammo. Keep us posted of the results!

-V