They had better have their non-civil protests while they can. I have a feeling after 1-20 that the slightest inclination of violence will make these protests become water cannon festivals, rightly so.

• Like 1

I read on a different site that they want to bust up the ceremony.  That'd be fun to watch!  They'd get a taste of what the WHSS can really do!  During Vietnam, .gov set up crew served weapons to prevent any overruns of federal operations.  They might do so again. 

• Like 1

How about a MILLION MAN counter protest?  Anyone trying to disrupt the Inaguration gets thrown into the Potomac. In January, that WILL cool hot heads quickly!

The 14th Street bridge is located just south of there!

• Like 1

I should have been more clear, problematic and destructive does not mean an effective fighting force vs whatever.

More has been done with less in the past. Let us not forget the lesson just presented to the left, never underestimate and avoid arrogance like the plague.

BTW if they get close enough to see the bayonet, someone screwed up.

Edited by Rhodes1968
  • Like 1

When is the last time the National Guard was deployed for "civil unrest" with rifles and bayonets? I don't recall seeing it for quite a while. I recall the Guard was called in to Ferguson, MO, but I don't recall what they used.

Edit: Image search shows shotguns and M4's, no bayonets.

So many of the Guard units are over in the Sandbox now, I don't know how many are available here.

Edited by Ronin38

With bayonets fixed, I cannot ever recall it. memory is fuzzy on Kent State but the NG was using the M1.

Perhaps the riots of '68 since there was a LOT going on there for a while.

I know it is not "popular" to point out that this stuff needs watching closely, as I am sure is happening, but I have never seen being dismissive of one's enemy bear good fruit with any regularity.

Edited by Rhodes1968

The meeting of The National Policy Institute (right-wing, according to the press) in DC was met with a few hundred liberal protesters. Some injuries caused by the protestors, no arrests.

Okay, so expect these assholes to show up just about anywhere, and violence IS acceptable. Got it.

The special snowflakes have never learned to lose.  They have actually been taught the exact opposite.  Throw a bigger tantrum and you will always win.  And spineless mayors, governors, and police chiefs (some of whom actually support the rioters) are allowing them to riot and burn. 

The reckoning is coming.  We won't allow this to go on forever and continue to escalate.  The snowflakes will not be allowed to interfere with the Constitutional transfer of power. 

It won't end without bloodshed I fear, but that blood is on the hands of the left.  We "racist misogynist homophobe etc" have held back because violence is repugnant to us.  The left has mistaken this reluctance for weakness.  But make a move to actually stop the president elect from taking office and they will learn otherwise.

Hopefully the Secret Service and Capitol Police are smart enough to nip this shit in the bud.  This is one time when an ounce of prevention is worth a megaton of cure.

• Like 1