Sign in to follow this  
offmarksman

Help me find replacement trunnion for .223

My front trunnion is cracked. Got it secondhand with ar15 magwell already installed. Where do I get a replacement trunnion, what style/size do I need? What is required to change this out? I am new to the ak game. Thanks in advance.

Where is it cracked? It may be easier to repair yours, if the crack is not in a critical area.

Can you weld it?

If someone put the mag adapter thing on then they have ground away a portion of the trunnion and they probably fuck'd it up or bubba'd it. To get it out and put a new one in you have to get the rivets out, barrel pin, and take the shit apart out of the receiver. If you are new to this then don't even attempt it. If you have the tools and know-how go for it.

Edited by ESSOHBE
  • Like 1

If it is cracked at a rivet hole because of over tempering, then it is fixable. If the crack is even NEAR the chamber or locking lugs, then it should be discarded.

• Like 1

russia.  off a new gun.  there are not really any spare parts.... sorrry champ

an ak74 from some other countries gun may fit, but would be some trial and error.... and $

• Like 1

Would a Bulgarian trunnion from an AK74 parts kit not fit? It would seem nearly everything else from a Bulgarian parts kit is compatible with the Saigas. Don't know about the barrel size and head spacing though.

Edited by Spacehog