Let's see your pistol caliber carbines....

Here is mine (90% finished)....

2ewpd77.jpg

PSA dedicated Colt mag lower.

Anderson lightweight A3 upper (no dust cover or forward assist).

16" Faxon Gov't profile lightweight 9mm barrel.

ALG EMR V2 13" free float M-lok handguard.

Magpul SL grip and fixed carbine stock.

Still need BCG and muzzle device (1/2"x28), suggestions?

Putting an Aimpoint PRO on it (going back to a carry handle on my 20") and Magpul MBUS pro sights.

Edited by Mullet Man
  • Like 1

I don't have one yet, hopefully by the end of the month I will be picking one up.

The Seekins Precision Rook flash hider is pretty cool. I have one and a 9mm bullet drops through with some wiggle room. Not terribly expensive either.

Edited by Heartbreaker
  • Like 1

Here's my Kriss Vector.

DSC00778.jpg

Plus a little video:

Currently it just has a cheap Leapers red dot, the Magpul MBUS that came with it, and a Magpul RVG.

Eventually I'll upgrade to a better red dot, or maybe 1x scope (because red dots appear as a starburst for me) and get it SBR'd.

• Like 5

There's not a better muzzle device than this: silencerco.com/silencers/octane or the equivalent.

Seriously though, nice carbine! I keep bouncing the idea of doing an 8" 9 mm upper to put on one of my SBR lowers. You'll have to let us know how it shoots.

• Like 1

I've had two. A HiPoint 995TS that I miss and a KelTec Sub 2000 that I'll never miss.

I have a .45 Colt Taurus Thundebolt that is more of a rifle with a 26" barrel. I won't miss that as it has a permanent spot is the safe. If they made a carbine version I'd have that, too. Oh, how I love those big, heavy, slow bullets.

Edited by YOT

Here's my Kriss Vector.

DSC00778.jpg

Plus a little video:

Currently it just has a cheap Leapers red dot, the Magpul MBUS that came with it, and a Magpul RVG.

Eventually I'll upgrade to a better red dot, or maybe 1x scope (because red dots appear as a starburst for me) and get it SBR'd.

Very cool. Altho I will say I never understood those. As in why is there so much going on with them?

I don't have one yet, hopefully by the end of the month I will be picking one up.

The Seekins Precision Rook flash hider is pretty cool. I have one and a 9mm bullet drops through with some wiggle room. Not terribly expensive either.

I just checked that out. A little too futuristic for me.

Stumbled across the Kaw Valley linear Comp specifically for 9mm in 1/2-28, I might give that a try.

What are you planning on for a PCC?

There's not a better muzzle device than this: silencerco.com/silencers/octane or the equivalent.

Seriously though, nice carbine! I keep bouncing the idea of doing an 8" 9 mm upper to put on one of my SBR lowers. You'll have to let us know how it shoots.

Illinois=Suppressors are illegal. Altho the grass roots is shaking the tree right now to get a bill passed, to legalize them. 

Thanks. Not sure if I want to get the handguard Cerakoted in OD, or just go with black furniture instead.

rh92-12.jpg

.45 Colt.  Expecting the stamp for my Octane 45HD any #$*&%^#$^&*( day now.

I like it!

I guess it depends on what you mean by "pistol caliber," if you count the T/C Encore pistols!  biggrin.png

Touche'

I've had two. A HiPoint 995TS that I miss and a KelTec Sub 2000 that I'll never miss.

I have a .45 Colt Taurus Thundebolt that is more of a rifle with a 26" barrel. I won't miss that as it has a permanent spot is the safe. If they made a carbine version I'd have that, too. Oh, how I love those big, heavy, slow bullets.

Only thing I've liked from KelTec was the PMR30.

I have a 10.5" AR9 I've been building. As far as a boltt I'm using the PSA hybrid but my buddy has the JP bolt with their silent capture spring and it's amazing,

I also have a .40 Sub2000, HiPoint .45 carbine, Rossi .357/38 with case color finish and 20" octagon barrel & a Winchester 94AE Trapper in .357/38

• Like 1

9mm Dakota Tactical D34 Carbine with custom burlwood furniture. 

CIMG5516_zps15d68dec.jpg

CIMG5503_zpscd78d501.jpg

CIMG5493_zpse13462c5.jpg

Actually took this lil' carbine out just yesterday.... per usual, she was a hoot to shoot and fired very accurately.

secret_smile.gif

Edited by Gary
  • Like 10

What are you planning on for a PCC?

I'm planning to get a Wilkinson Arms Linda with my Christmas bonus.

CIMG5516_zps15d68dec.jpg

CIMG5503_zpscd78d501.jpg

CIMG5493_zpse13462c5.jpg

Actually took this lil' carbine out just yesterday.... per usual, she was a hoot to shoot and fired very accurately.

:secret_smile:

Raccoon_Really_Really_Want.jpg

• Like 2

Very cool. Altho I will say I never understood those. As in why is there so much going on with them?

If you're talking about the shape and styling, it has to be that way to fit it's unique action.

When the bolt goes back, it pushes the slider down. This is why Vectors have so little vertical muzzle climb.

DSC00779_1.jpg

This video shows it pretty well.

https://youtu.be/XT3526Fpr3Y?t=1m10s

• Like 1

If you're talking about the shape and styling, it has to be that way to fit it's unique action.

When the bolt goes back, it pushes the slider down. This is why Vectors have so little vertical muzzle climb.

DSC00779_1.jpg

This video shows it pretty well.

https://youtu.be/XT3526Fpr3Y?t=1m10s

Very cool. I just never researched them before. thanks.

Mowing machine of Tikkakoski:

suomi1.jpg

Stamp arrived a couple of weeks ago, although I haven't gotten around to converting it to SBR yet.  Need to recover the original length barrel from the person who was holding it for me, and dig out the box containing the shroud.

• Like 4

CIMG5516_zps15d68dec.jpg

CIMG5503_zpscd78d501.jpg

CIMG5493_zpse13462c5.jpg

secret_smile.gif

I like that. Very unique.

I'm happy with the AR platform, but if I had to do it over .45 may have been a better choice?

IMG_0978_zps6waq4ta0.jpg

thats kinda what im thinking... olympic arms makes a mag that doesnt use a magwell.  and 45 auto is real easy to reload, and the case is easy to find on the groundsas its so huge! 

the scorpion is just too expensive for me right now not being a better action.  ie rotating bolt, roller lock or tilting barrel like on the kriss... i feel its just like an overpriced hipoint (not in hte looks dept, its shexy as hell).

My karris guns ar9mm. Takes glock mags and is fun to shoot. I have only put 150 rounds through it. Cheap red dot from Amazon and my Chinese counterfeit Daniel defense iron sights. 20161201_161336_zpsuz5l3fr7.jpg

how much into just the base gun? i love the glock mags idea....buuuuut, im annoyed most ar 9mm barrels are still 1/2-36 cause otherwise the fuds would blow faces off with .223 muzzle devices on a .355 gun. 

the scorpion is just too expensive for me right now not being a better action.  ie rotating bolt, roller lock or tilting barrel like on the kriss... i feel its just like an overpriced hipoint (not in hte looks dept, its shexy as hell). 

The Vector is actually just a straight blow-back too. Seems like most PCCs are.

I'm happy with the AR platform, but if I had to do it over .45 may have been a better choice?

IMG_0978_zps6waq4ta0.jpg

thats kinda what im thinking... olympic arms makes a mag that doesnt use a magwell. and 45 auto is real easy to reload, and the case is easy to find on the groundsas its so huge!

the scorpion is just too expensive for me right now not being a better action. ie rotating bolt, roller lock or tilting barrel like on the kriss... i feel its just like an overpriced hipoint (not in hte looks dept, its shexy as hell).

My karris guns ar9mm. Takes glock mags and is fun to shoot. I have only put 150 rounds through it. Cheap red dot from Amazon and my Chinese counterfeit Daniel defense iron sights. 20161201_161336_zpsuz5l3fr7.jpg

how much into just the base gun? i love the glock mags idea....buuuuut, im annoyed most ar 9mm barrels are still 1/2-36 cause otherwise the fuds would blow faces off with .223 muzzle devices on a .355 gun.

The gun was 699 new ordered direct from karris guns.

• 1 month later...

Finished my 9mm AR finally, made a few changes from the first picture....

PSA Colt lower

Magpul SLK stock

Magpul SL grip

KVP 9mm bolt

Anderson lightweight A3 upper (no dust cover or forward assist)

Faxon 16" Gov't profile 9mm barrel

Wilson Combat Q-comp

ALG EMR V2 handguard

Aimpoint PRO in an ADM QD mount

12 or so PSA colt stick mags

Debating putting iron sights on it.

post-20217-0-93831400-1485620423_thumb.jpg

Besides Glock what mag options are available to do a dedicated .45acp AR build?

Edited by Mullet Man
  • Like 2