Tell me about the Ruger Security Six

I have one. My Dad carried it as his duty weapon in the 80's. It has swallowed thousands of .357 and never skipped a beat.

This revolver is heavy and built like a tank. Years of this thing being holstered and it shows minimal wear.

These are solid revolvers.

About the only item I have left from my father.   We purchased it together when I was 15 years old at Furr's Supermarket in Lubbock, Texas.  Have shot probably 4 to 5 boxes thru it and the thing still looks like it did the day we bought it.  Will be passed down to my kids as well.  BTW...I'm 53 now. 

• Like 1

About the only item I have left from my father.   We purchased it together when I was 15 years old at Furr's Supermarket in Lubbock, Texas.  Have shot probably 4 to 5 boxes thru it and the thing still looks like it did the day we bought it.  Will be passed down to my kids as well.  BTW...I'm 53 now. 

Cool!  I graduated from Tech in 93.  I've probably been in the same Furr's!  

A friend of mine had one that was his dads. It was his favorite gun to shoot and was well worn before we tried to wear it out. It always worked.

Just got back from the Pawn shop where it's at and I had a chance to compare it to a GP100.  They appear to be the same firearm.  The GP is brand new however.  My wife suggested that I simply save up and buy a new GP instead of getting the six.  A friend of mine who actually carried both of these handguns on duty also suggested the GP.  

Just got back from the Pawn shop where it's at and I had a chance to compare it to a GP100. They appear to be the same firearm. The GP is brand new however. My wife suggested that I simply save up and buy a new GP instead of getting the six. A friend of mine who actually carried both of these handguns on duty also suggested the GP.

The GP100 and SP101 replaced the Six series. I have a GP100 6" stainless that is 26 years old and works great. Another thing to consider is that Ruger no longer supports the Six series. Edited by Heartbreaker