Happy New Year! 2017 is going to be awesome!

I am so excited that I can hardly contain myself. The last 8 years have been terrible in so many ways, but most of all was the stress from the huge risk I took by opening my shop in 2014. I was tired of waiting for obama to go away and for a while it looked like a colossally stupid idea to start when I did, but now it is looking like it was a great decision. Maybe I just had a gut feeling that it would all be ok sooner or later. Nothing lasts forever, not even shit sammiches. 2017 is almost guaranteed to be less terrible after January 19 and I hope you are as optimistic about it as I am. I wish you all a safe and Happy New Year.

Those who have supported me, I thank you for being a part of making my lifelong dream a reality. Those who have been a friend to me here through the years, I appreciate the way you have treated me. To the mods and staff here, thank you for your consideration through the years. I hope you all have an excellent 2017!

• Like 7

I too have a very good feeling about the coming year.

The wife and I are now fellow Floridians and our daughter back in PA is off to a great start on her new career.

We will soon have adults in the White House who understand the meaning of being an American.

Optimistic but still cautious.

Hoping things work out the way I envision.

My best too you Evil, may your business be everything you hoped it would be.

Happy 2017!

• Like 1

I too have a very good feeling about the coming year.

The wife and I are now fellow Floridians and our daughter back in PA is off to a great start on her new career.

We will soon have adults in the White House who understand the meaning of being an American.

Optimistic but still cautious.

Hoping things work out the way I envision.

My best too you Evil, may your business be everything you hoped it would be.

Happy 2017!

The journey has made me realize what really matters. The experience of doing what you love in life is priceless. I am a wealthy man in that regard. 

I bought so much ammo in preparation for Hillary I can shoot this whole year for free.

Well, I was concerned that panic would ensue and having ammo on hand to test fire with would be an issue. I bought enough to test for about a year, so the bright side is that I don't have to bother with buying test ammo for a while.

What beautiful morning ! HAPPY NEW YEAR !

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

So gorgeous.

• Like 1

Really got to feel for the folks that purchased inventory thinking the climate would be in a different direction.

There's a flip side to that though. I'm glad all of these retailers that were holding inventory in the hope of another scare are liquidating that inventory.

• Like 1

Really got to feel for the folks that purchased inventory thinking the climate would be in a different direction.

Some bought mind boggling amounts of stuff hoping to cash in on hillary. I'm glad I didn't get anything I don't directly need. Not much buying going on right now, so people are going to be sitting on inventory for a while. I wouldn't be surprised if we see some shops go under as a result of betting the farm on a panic. A local range/shop has a ton of ARs and few, if any, have sold since the election. I told him he should just get ammo as he could at least sell it to customers for range use, but he didn't listen and he has some dust catchers now.

I may be interpreting things incorrectly from my talks with guys in the local stores but it seems people are moving away from the AR/AK firepower mindset.

Maybe the market for mil-pattern rifles has topped out, I dunno.

Also hear Marlin (Rem) quality on lever guns has come back so that is hopeful.

Looking forward to a GREAT year!  Hoping that the most egregious speculators go under, causing much inventory to be sold to liquidators at fire sale prices. Trump overriding stupid 'executive orders' and cheap surplus again available to moderate prices, and new platforms coming into the American market - those that have been ILLEGALLY denied to us by 'executive order of the communist in charge'.

MAYBE Garrands made in the USA can now be "imported" and I just might be able to AFFORD one!

• Like 3

After 8 years of this crap things can only get better.

Captains of industry are optimistic. Foreign countries that depend on a strong US are optimistic.

The melting pot of "deplorables" look forward to an environment that they can flourish in!

Edited by Sim_Player
  • Like 1

The only thing I am not liking about 2017 so far is the weather down here. I was sweating yesterday! Ridiculous. My idea about getting a summer location somewhere much cooler is starting to sound more like a necessary goal. If January is like this, what is summer going to be like? I dream of Montana or Utah....

^^^Come to WI for the next few days and we can cure you of that!

I spent some time in MI for a bit and my favorite day it was about 12 degrees, just right with that low level of humidity. I loved it. I'll probably be coming to Madison, WI soon for a few days. Not sure when though. I'll take freezing weather over sweating weather just because it feels cleaner, lol. My years in the pool business made me absolutely hate sweating, even if just a little bit.

The only thing I am not liking about 2017 so far is the weather down here. I was sweating yesterday! Ridiculous. My idea about getting a summer location somewhere much cooler is starting to sound more like a necessary goal. If January is like this, what is summer going to be like? I dream of Montana or Utah....

sSHHHHHSHSHSH!!!! shut up and mow the lawn!!! this is the subtropics for a reason. I already planted part of my garden, dont start with that defeatest "ohhh i hope it dont get too colllld" attitude!!! you make STALIN SMILE IN HIS GRAVE!!! that is NOT patriotic!!!

sSHHHHHSHSHSH!!!! shut up and mow the lawn!!! this is the subtropics for a reason. I already planted part of my garden, dont start with that defeatest "ohhh i hope it dont get too colllld" attitude!!! you make STALIN SMILE IN HIS GRAVE!!! that is NOT patriotic!!!

Grass isn't even growing here yet. I'm glad as I hate doing yard work. It is finally cooling off here again and I am really happy about it. Cold feels fresh and clean. I spent years soaked to my socks with sweat working outside during these brutal summers, sometimes into the night to have work ready for inspection the next day and all the while I just wanted to get a shower and feel clean again. Every time I sweat it reminds me of those days. Misery. I'll take freezing over sweating any day.

FUCK COLD!  Old bones HURT in the cold. We have 3 days of cold,today,and the next two here in central TX, but temps in the 70's next week! (why I am here!)

In the 30s here now and I do love it. It feels so clean compared to summer. The only thing I don't like about it is that my car feels like I am rolling on wheels made of stone for the first few miles as well as waiting about that long to have good heat. By the time everything is good I am already at work.