The real deal.  I snagged a case.

post-4831-0-33387300-1483414016_thumb.jpg

8M3 I fired from a 10.5" M92 sbr into water jugs.  Explosive fragmentation even from the short barrel.

post-4831-0-92223100-1483414094_thumb.jpg

The largest fragment penetrated to the 4th jug.

gallery_4831_1209_261117.jpg

There is a great thread over at ackfiles where a guy did a chrono and ballistic gel test.  These rounds are cooking over 2400fps and tore the shit out of the gel block.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 2

I have some of the WMC I tested with no fragmentation. OTOH I have some older Wolf that is 8M3. Also a case of Tula 124 that is 8M3. And another case of Tula that is not.

It's been a crap shoot.

On the batch I got, I could feel the cuts in the nose with a piece of wire.  So 8M3 on that one.  They may just use whatever they can get.

I think that is just the Russian way in all aspects of production, be it ammo, arms parts, etc.

Hello

When I scored a couple cases Wednesday evening, they only showed 7 left before my purchase.

Now, they are back up to 13 cases, so they evidently have a stash in the back, playing it just like G.T.

Thanks, Darth.

-Guido in TX

Interesting, very good for avoiding over penetration in a x39 round.

Like to see some penetration tests on various materials so will keep looking.

Can't see getting a lot of it but a few mags would seem a good move.

Have to hunt a bit the Uly is no where to be found at this time.

Edited by Rhodes1968
  • 1 month later...

Speaking of support, I decided to order another case of the 8M3 today.  It's a tough time for vendors right now and I figured SGA could use the cash flow.  Plus, you never know if this will be the last time we get 8M3, so another case put away for insurance.

• Like 1

Speaking of support, I decided to order another case of the 8M3 today.  It's a tough time for vendors right now and I figured SGA could use the cash flow.  Plus, you never know if this will be the last time we get 8M3, so another case put away for insurance.

This is a great idea. There are some things I don't "need" right now, but I'll shoot them eventually, and now would be a good time to buy.

I feel pretty confident thinking that SGAmmo, like so many others, stocked up late last year because they expected a different election result and panic buying on a grand scale. I give props to SGAmmo because during the last panic, they did a really good job controlling prices, which was more than fair of them and a lot better than many retailers treated us, so I don't want them to be left holding the bag because the stocked up.

• Like 3