MKA-1919 Clone: Leader Arms/PW AR-12

A couple days ago, I bought a Leader Arms (imported by PW) AR-12, which is supposed to be a clone of the MKA 1919. In fact, it's supposed to use the same magazines, so I just ordered a couple 10-round mags for it.

Anyway have one of these, or have opinion on it? I've read mixed reports on the AR-12, but this is supposed to be the Second Generation version and is more reliable than the original. I got the AR-12 from Classic Firearms for only $350, so it seemed like a reasonable gamble. It should arrive at my local dealer on Tuesday.

Sorry to be the one to tell you but they are NOT like an MKA , I get calls, or worse orders for upgrade parts, guys thinking they are the same- order parts, then call when they don't fit. 

Many will start off saying part x doesn't fit their MKA, after a few questions it's obvious it is a knock-off version.

"but they said when I bought it , it was exactly the same". . . . . . .

I didn't buy it because it was like the MKA. Nor did I think the parts would be interchangeable. I didn't want the MKA-1919. I got what I wanted. So, you didn't really answer my questions, but thanks. I appreciate your time. (Oh, and thanks for the condescending attitude. That was awesome.)

Edited by MR_22
  • Like 1

Didn't mean to offend you , sounds like you did your research and got just what you wanted, that's great.

Most inquiries we get are just the opposite of you position, guess that is where I started from.

Had 2 calls and 3 emails just today, same story.

Edited by toothandnail

Fair enough. Thanks!

Doubt it'll be anything like my Legion-converted Saiga, but it could be fun. Unless it jams. Seems to be the luck of the draw with these--and I was aware of that. Maybe I'll get the MKA sometime down the road, but I wanted to try the AR-12 first. At least the MKA mags should be compatible. Maybe.

Anyway, I was just wondering if somebody here had experience with them, that's all. I didn't even know this forum covered the MKA until after I got the AR-12.

Edited by MR_22

Picked up my Turkish AR-12 yesterday. Lots of polymer, but still pretty heavy. Seems a bit like a high-end pellet gun, tho. I didn't try cycling any rounds. Interesting gun. It doesn't seem to be an AR at all, but it does look like one. (My dealer commented on that as well.) I'm definitely more curious about the MKA-1919 now, though. I probably should pick up one of those as well.

Edited by MR_22

Be careful, you may want to read up on 922® before using those 10 rounders.

Wait, 10-round 12-gauge mags can violate 922r? They're not considered high-capacity mags, are they? I have a converted Saiga-12, so I know about the requirements, but was not aware that you couldn't use 10-rounders. Is that because it's a shotgun? Or what? I'll have to look more into that.

So, can you not use a 10-round mag in a non-converted import rifle, like, say, a Saiga .223, or other rifle caliber? Is there a different requirement for shotguns?

Thanks for the comment. I will look into it. I will certainly not use them if they are not compliant.

EDIT: So, I'm reading that for shotguns, the limit is 5 rounds for non-compliance with 922r. Is that right?

Edited by MR_22

Be careful, you may want to read up on 922® before using those 10 rounders.

EDIT: So, I'm reading that for shotguns, the limit is 5 rounds for non-compliance with 922r. Is that right?

That is what I understand. You need to replace a certain number of parts with US manufactured parts to make it 922® compliant in order to use "high capacity" magazine.
  • 1 year later...