This month the wife and I have to start getting set up for Medicare. She will go on it in June and I will start in August. Wow! Where did all the years go but I am ready to slow it down and it first starts with Medicare.

Then a year from this August I will go into semiretirement and faze myself out, taking more time for other things.

I will miss and not miss the phone calls at all hours even on vacations and all the people whom I have helped. What a nonboaring ride it has been with Medicare starting its end.

• Like 1

After he retired, my brother told me "You know, I always thought that minding my own business was a full time job. Now that I am retired, I find that that is the truth!"

I have been busier than ever  ever since I retired!  Taking care of my own business IS a full time job!

I kind of know how you feel, I think. Purpose and what to focus on.

What to do with the rest of your life? It's definately not the end.

I'm feeling this at 45. We raised kids, I had a successful business, and now the wife has a job that she excels at and loves that pays the bills.

Lots of time on my hands.

Strange times.

Edited by Sim_Player