You have got to be really f-ing stupid to rob a gun store.  Surprised there were not other customers in there shooting too.  Just saying!!

There is an internet story/urban legend I remember reading about some dumb ass who tried to rob a gun store with several customers inside at the time.

According to the story they removed five different caliber bullets from the perps body.

Don't know if it's true but it sure made me smile.

• Like 2

Happened again yesterday up the road from me.  A dirtbag was shooting at cars in the I-10, caused a fatal crash, then ambushed a DPS trooper responding to the crash, shot him twice and was beating his head on the pavement when an armed citizen put him down.

• Like 2

You have got to be really f-ing stupid to rob a gun store.  Surprised there were not other customers in there shooting too.  Just saying!!

It would depend on the exact circumstances, but I think if I were in a gun store and armed robbers came in, I might just hit the floor first. Because I know the crooks have guns, and the folks behind the counter have guns, and I'd probably be in-between them!  :wacko:

• Like 1

There is an internet story/urban legend I remember reading about some dumb ass who tried to rob a gun store with several customers inside at the time.

According to the story they removed five different caliber bullets from the perps body.

Don't know if it's true but it sure made me smile.

I've seen the video. Guy thought he was robbing another location - walks into a gun store - and multiple customers/staff unload on him. Awesome! 

• Like 1

I remember a couple of 'bangers (in colors) casing my buddy's gun shop. It's kind of a hangout spot for local shooters. They came in, noticed several wary, armed customers. One guy walked the counter while another walked the wall across from the counter. All eyes were on them and it got quiet.

They left, probably looking for a softer target.

• Like 3

My shop is in a good area, but there is some "housing" a few blocks in one direction and there is a methadone clinic in the other direction, so I get some cloud-walkers and odd types moving through out front every now and then. I am in the company of a Pit Bull and stay armed and aware no matter what. A few times I have had some odd types straggle in and I think they can somehow sense the fact that I am ready to shoot them. I don't consider myself a particularly intimidating person, but I suppose the balance of them casing the shop vs me looking for that motion that makes me draw and fire fuels the awkwardness. I will do whatever it takes to keep the wrong people out of my safe. There were some gun shop robberies that hit the news about the time I got my FFL in 2014, one of which the owner was shot execution style in the back of the shop. I think about that every time an out-of-place person catches my eye around the shop. I have never became complacent.

• Like 3

I have never became complacent.

AND he has a ready supply of short, semi-auto SHOTGUNS!  :eek:   :D

That would make a heckuva mess inside the store, though, and I wouldn't want to do the clean-up afterwards.

Shot him through the display cabinet. That's sweet!

I just realized the dead one had TWO pistols.

I have never became complacent.

AND he has a ready supply of short, semi-auto SHOTGUNS!  015.gif   biggrin.png

That would make a heckuva mess inside the store, though, and I wouldn't want to do the clean-up afterwards.

Shot him through the display cabinet. That's sweet!

I just realized the dead one had TWO pistols.

That moron realized the older guy wasn't scared at the sight of one pistol, so he went for the other one for an intimidation boost. Maybe brandishing weapons has worked well for him before. Not when the person on the other end of it is armed and ready to fire.

I just carry a G22 converted to 9mm with a +2 on it. I figure if 20 rounds of Winchester Ranger 147gr JHP won't handle it, I was screwed before it even began. I hope I never have to go there. This place was once a church and is a really happy place until people start getting dumb.