Good question.

I'm just glad I have insurance. The bills are starting to roll in from my latest kidney stone episode. $22,000 so far and one of the surgeries hasn't been tallied yet. There were three in all.  Also one of the ER visits hasn't been included, either. All said and done I expect it to total around $35,000, but I pay only about $500 out of pocket.

Of course I pay my bi-weekly 25% of the total premium, to the tune of about $5300 per year, too, including vision and dental.

If the Obamacare  Bullshit gets repealed, will a uninsured person such as myself still have to pay a penalty fine this year?

Well, if you do I'll be paying it with you. It is either pay about $12k per year before I get any service or just pay the fine. I think they have some special punishment calculated in for those who are self employed. It sure does seem that way looking at the numbers. I just try to take good care of myself and not chop off any fingers.

Good question.

I'm just glad I have insurance. The bills are starting to roll in from my latest kidney stone episode. $22,000 so far and one of the surgeries hasn't been tallied yet. There were three in all.  Also one of the ER visits hasn't been included, either. All said and done I expect it to total around $35,000, but I pay only about $500 out of pocket.

Of course I pay my bi-weekly 25% of the total premium, to the tune of about $5300 per year, too, including vision and dental.

Yikes. I hope you get better and stay better.

• Like 2

I hope anyone who doesn't have insurance doesn't have something unforeseen happen to them. The cost would be devastating. 

Please show me anywhere in the US Constitution where it specifically or vaguely or even remotely talks about National Required Health Care?  Have the dummies even read the 10th Amendment?  To do the job properly they would have to dump the whole cart of shit completely.  Then scrub out the cart.  Then scrub the poor ass hole who had to clean out the cart.  Etc..  :(

• Like 3

If the Obamacare  Bullshit gets repealed, will a uninsured person such as myself still have to pay a penalty fine this year?

I'm in the same boat.

I think my projected fine for 2016 was $675 or so. Still far less than insurance.

I hope anyone who doesn't have insurance doesn't have something unforeseen happen to them. The cost would be devastating. 

Absolutely. A couple of years ago I nearly split the entire side of my index finger to the bone with a cutoff disc at around 12k RPM. Thankfully, I am very talented at treating flesh wounds. 3 weeks later I rehabbed it from barely being able to move it to full range of motion in 3 days. I can handle things like that on my own and just hope I don't have any skeletal or internal issues. Being a gunsmith, my eyes and digits are priority 1 above everything else, so you can imagine how horrified I was to see the side of my finger grotesquely laid open. Over the time it took to be able to work with that hand again I realized how difficult it is to work with just one hand. I did it, but it took some creativity.  

• Like 2

Absolutely. A couple of years ago I nearly split the entire side of my index finger to the bone with a cutoff disc at around 12k RPM. Thankfully, I am very talented at treating flesh wounds. 3 weeks later I rehabbed it from barely being able to move it to full range of motion in 3 days. I can handle things like that on my own and just hope I don't have any skeletal or internal issues. Being a gunsmith, my eyes and digits are priority 1 above everything else, so you can imagine how horrified I was to see the side of my finger grotesquely laid open. Over the time it took to be able to work with that hand again I realized how difficult it is to work with just one hand. I did it, but it took some creativity.  

I split the web of my hand open firing a 12ga PG double barrel a few years ago.... 

No Dr visit.

Did the debridement myself with fortitude, forceps, alcohol, antibiotic cream and a lighted magnifier, then sealed it with Vetbond medical glue.

Full recovery.

You can do a lot more than you think you can, when you have to.

Edited by patriot
  • Like 2

Executive order just signed hours ago.

Here it is in black and white, looks like no penalty will be enforced this year for the uninsured.

The order called for government agencies, “to the maximum extent permitted by law,” to “waive, defer, grant exemptions from, or delay the implementation of any provision or requirement of the Act that would impose a fiscal burden on any State or a cost, fee, tax, penalty, or regulatory burden on individuals, families, healthcare providers, health insurers, patients, recipients of healthcare services, purchasers of health insurance, or makers of medical devices, products, or medications.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-signs-first-executive-order-targeting-obamacare-003207661.html

Edited by SHOTGUN MESSIAH
  • Like 3

Thank you Shotgun Messiah.  Now the confusion begins.  Kinda nice actually ... rolling back or killing stuff rather than the other.  The exec ord will probably be $neutral$ with us.

Edit:  As a retarded, (retired) PM ER room RN it is doable to help others with their dings and ouchies.  Lots of fixers can be done that normally would require that ER or MD visit.

Edited by HB of CJ

Did it leave a scar?  smile.png

The finger job ended up having a scar, more like a slight depression on one side of it, but I'd have to tell most people which index finger and show it for it to be noticeable. The hardest part of that one was cleaning it. I just grabbed a cleaning brush about the width of a toothbrush, sprayed the brush with brake cleaner, rinsed it with water, used my thumb to pull the cut open enough to get the brush in there, had a few brief rapid scrubbing sessions under running water to remove the disc fibers until my knees started to buckle, and poured alcohol over it while holding it open. The scrubbing and water was so painful that I didn't even feel the the alcohol, which really blew my mind but I was happy about it. I had to apply pressure to it for a good while to stop the bleeding enough to see what I was doing with the alignment. I am happy with how it turned out.

When it happens I just handle it as I am not one to just sit and look at something like that for very long. I get too anxious to get it done.

Just a small thin white line...BOTH times I did it. Junior's (My 12GA shorty) got a BITE! If you don't respect her, you get bitten.

Vetbond is your friend!

Baikal.jpg

I have never fired anything that light in 12 ga with a horizontal grip like that and always assumed it would be hard to keep the trigger guard from working the middle finger over. Hurts just looking at it. Beautiful though.

Look closely at the back of the trigger guard. That's a foam pad buried in some rubber. My Dad didn't raise a fool!

If ride the recoil and don't stiff arm it, it's manageable.

Back on topic:

I wonder what Pres. T's going to fix today?

Poster-Donald-Trump-Make-America-Great-A