The President can pardon before the fact?  I think so.  Ford did so.  Seems Obama did not pardon Hillary?  This is playing out like a champion level chess game.  We will see what happens.  Will Trump pardon Hillary?  So many pieces.  So many moves.

I think President Trump should pardon her.

Yes I'm serious.

A pardon cannot be forced.  It must be accepted, therefore admitting wrongdoing.  If she accepts it she admits wrong.  If she refuses it then she can still be prosecuted.  Either way it makes a great political play for Trump.

"But we can't let her off scott free!!!!" some of you will yell.  She's never going to be prosecuted.  She sure as hell isn't going to spend a day in jail.  That's a fantasy that might make you feel good but it's better to live in the real world.

Back to my original thought:  President Trump, pardon Hillary!

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 2

I think President Trump should pardon her.

Yes I'm serious.

A pardon cannot be forced.  It must be accepted, therefore admitting wrongdoing.  If she accepts it she admits wrong.  If she refuses it then she can still be prosecuted.  Either way it makes a great political play for Trump.

"But we can't let her off scott free!!!!" some of you will yell.  She's never going to be prosecuted.  She sure as hell isn't going to spend a day in jail.  That's a fantasy that might make you feel good but it's better to live in the real world.

Back to my original thought:  President Trump, pardon Hillary!

Fine. Pardon her for the little stuff, like rigging a primary election, then prosecute separately for each of the bigs, like the death of the Americans in Benghazi, security violations, ethics violations, supporting terrorism, etc.

• Like 1

Presidential Pardon only cover Federal misdeeds.  That still leaves the Several States to deal with her.  Then I suppose Counties could have a go at her.  Then Cities.  Then Special Districts.  Then Individuals.  Do any States still have the hanging option?  How about The Firing Squad?