Respectfully, is it possible lots of anger here is misdirected?  And I guess I am a idiot.  Do you die on your feet fighting for your last breath on Earth, or do you just use misguided emotional transference shifting blame for whatever possible personal reasons or feelings and Kow Tow to the all powerful Federal Government whimpering and begging that they do not do anything additional to us to further destroy the Second Amendment?  

Gun owners do spend a great deal of emotional energy attacking each other, and gun sellers, and gun makers...

• Like 2

Back on subject here, it is sad Olympic Arms is a dead duck.  I also wonder for Whom Else The Bells May Toll?  Hope we are not surprised.  Obama was quite the gun salesman.  Now that we may enjoy some national political stability, the firearm industry might see quite a leveling out?  sad.png

Edited by HB of CJ

Gun owners do spend a great deal of emotional energy attacking each other, and gun sellers, and gun makers...

Gun companies that do things that are counter to our rights and interests should be attacked.  For a company or person who makes their living in the gun culture, the price of betrayal or putting their bottom line ahead of the right to bear arms (ala Bill Ruger) should be so high that nobody in their right mind would ever consider it.

Respectfully ...

Our rights and interests or the BATFEs "rights" and "interests"?  Killing the messenger?  Betrayal?  Again, it is possible your anger is misdirected?  The BATFE has done what it has done.  Until reined in with Constitutional Restraints, the BATFE will continue to do what they do.    

We all have to deal with the BATFE.  Some much much more than others.  We understand that.  We do not know what killed Olympic Arms.  Probably a combination of several little things and a few big things that all came together time on target.  Unfortunately to them.

Corrective Action?  We have an opportunity, through President Trump and Congress, to address them via Constitutional Petitions.  That and lots of other communication, both electronic and other.  This opportunity only comes along about once every 100 years.  Let's be proactive.

Respectfully. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Remington has layoffs, partly due to the slowdown but partly due to their shitty products.

More gun industry companies will fall before this gets better.  Maybe we should have all voted for hitlery to keep the gun industry strong...

haha.gif

I'm seeing some great deals out there now but I'm waiting because I predict there will be ridiculous deals coming.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 2

We have been expecting the market to saturate for a long while now and looks as if it has arrived.

Even my 7 year old grandson has a .410 and a 22LR.

I think a fall off was to be expected and the left hasn't the sense to arm, which I am not entirely sad over.

Sensible people may buy the occasional firearm as new needs arise but the days of so many people buying multiple ARs to put in the safe are fairly over.

Well unless something else happens....

The cream will rise to the top

And some of it will get skimmed by sharp dealing companies. I also predict a lot of trustworthy companies with good reputations will be bought or merged into high profit low integrity companies.  Really, it's the companies with a wide profit margin and low ongoing overhead which can weather the storm, not necessarily what we consumers would call cream. A middle man wholesaler with enough cash to stockpile inventory, and no skilled manufacturing staff which needs to be kept working to be retained will be able to make a killing. i.e. Cheaper than dirt and even Century. PSA just bought out DDI.  The smart companies which have scaled up manufacture in the last year or two will start laying off their least critical employees now. It's sad and it loses goodwill, but that's better than having to lay them off in August after running out of operating capital. Their goal should be to keep the people with the knowledge to train rehires just before the next boom cycle.

My guess at peak fire sale season will be about June. I'm stating this in writing partially to test how sharp my market perception is and adjust accordingly. My goal is that by the middle of next year, I will have a regular budget for horse trading in firearms related stuff. Buy low sell medium-high. My idea is to have a spreadsheet and give all my investment stuff inventory labels. A purchase price and an arbitrary sell price. Check market rates every month or so on the whole inventory, and sell anything when it hits my sell price whether I want to or not. That is to ~guarantee a profit and keep me from making economic decisions based on sentimental reasoning.  So far I have missed out on 3 big market fluxes where I identified specific stuff likely to go way up, and the time to buy and the time to sell. I've been right on the timing +/- a week on bubble peaks and valleys, but two of them went up 5x where I predicted 2x. I also want to use tracking of my predictions to keep me from remembering the 'wins' and discounting the losses. 

I mention this, because I think a lot of you here probably have the same interests and your skills and knowledge aren't paying you either, or are not paying you as much as they could. Let's all thrive.

I'm happily retired and out of the Registered Nursing racket.  Good.  I also want to do that last ride Left Hand AR15 rifle build, but want to do it my way.  Hopefully between now and Autumn there might be some good AR15 parts value out there selling for excellent prices.  Specifically premium left hand AR stuff.  Also wondering about related firearms industry items like hand loading gear and accessories.  We will see.

I'm happily retired and out of the Registered Nursing racket. Good. I also want to do that last ride Left Hand AR15 rifle build, but want to do it my way. Hopefully between now and Autumn there might be some good AR15 parts value out there selling for excellent prices. Specifically premium left hand AR stuff. Also wondering about related firearms industry items like hand loading gear and accessories. We will see.

Some ammo prices are falling, so I believe reloading prices will as well in time.

Im waiting for traditional bricks of 22lr to come back, all i see is foreign march grade and hollow points available. I just need plinking ammo.

I'm happily retired and out of the Registered Nursing racket. Good. I also want to do that last ride Left Hand AR15 rifle build, but want to do it my way. Hopefully between now and Autumn there might be some good AR15 parts value out there selling for excellent prices. Specifically premium left hand AR stuff. Also wondering about related firearms industry items like hand loading gear and accessories. We will see.

Some ammo prices are falling, so I believe reloading prices will as well in time.

Im waiting for traditional bricks of 22lr to come back, all i see is foreign march grade and hollow points available. I just need plinking ammo.

While that was the case a few months ago it has changed a bit.

Just did a quick look at ammo seeker and plinking ammo is going at around .05 a round with plenty available.

I only keep about 2k rds of plinking ammo preferring to store the better quality over the cheap so I only look for it a few times a year.

If you are trying to get it at a brick and mortar that has not happened so much, this is why I dont buy ammo at them.

Hoping reloading supplies come way down also but I have no idea when.

Edited by Rhodes1968
  • Like 1