032.gif

I bought mine 6 months ago and still haven't shot it.

I really like how you have that case set up for yours, although I'd guess its a little heavy. 032.gif

Now go fire it!

actually It is not heavy at all. The case that comes with the storm has all kinds of neat little spaces for stuff. No space wasted in mine. It's a grab and go package.

I bought so many new guns last year that I would have to take time off to fire them all LOL,. I'll eventually work my way around to it though.032.gif

• Like 1

I'm a huge fan of the Beretta 92, and I have more 15 round mags than I can count. But I have huge banana hands and the thumbhole stock style grip on the storm isn't comfortable for me. Plus I have an Uzi SMG, and when you own one of those, no other 9mm carbine is possibly as cool.

mp5..... but it loses on the price factor... and lack of last round bolt hold open

I was looking at the CX4 in .45 (because I already own a Cougar 8045 and like it).

I thought it might be the closest thing to a Thompson Carbine that I could afford.

Then I found Saiga-12.com and got distracted buying $300 Saigas and other AK projects and never looked back.

8045 mags and copies are just south of $50 a mag. That's insane, for a low capacity magazine.

Economies have consequences.

I look forward to seeing updates!

Edited by Sim_Player

Like I say, I haven't shot mine yet , but I have dismantled it and it is a very well built machine. The bolt is unbelievably over engineered, it is massive.

Everything about it feels very well built. Here is a link to a site that offers a lot of cool upgrades http://sierrapapacx4.com

It is smooth like driving an old Cadillac.

Hello

I have a Storm chambered in .45. I've installed all the Papa Sierra schtuff in it. Greatly improved the trigger pull and break.

I was surprised with all the internals made of plastic (hammer?!?!) but the P.S. aftermarket replaced all of those. He also used to modify factory mag's into frankenmags that held twenty-something rounds.

I don't know if his products fit anything but .45's, at the time I did mine that's what he was geared towards.

That sucker kicks like a small mule with hot handloads. Within 100 yards it's a tack driver. I imagine a 9mm would shoot a lot flatter and faster. The .45 with subsonic loads would probably make an excellent suppressed platform. I have a Streamlight light with a conical reflector (don't remember the model, TX-1 or whatever) mounted to the slide-out rail under the muzzle, it fits perfectly. Bright as the friggin' sun.

I have a red dot on it that co-witnesses perfectly, seems like it may have been an Aimpoint M-1 2x, don't remember what base (if any) but I can easily look.

It's a nice lightweight, nimble, reliable shooting carbine. Great "yard gun", you're not going to go through a neighbor's house a block away with the .45 rounds.

-Guido in TX

• Like 2

Always wanted one in .40 to match my PX4. There's just something fun about pistol caliber carbines.

Hoping to find a great deal on one someday. Hopefully it is as reliable as my pistol. That PX4 has been run hard for 8000+ rounds without hiccup.

Edited by WhiskeyMinion
  • Like 2

Always wanted one in .40 to match my PX4. There's just something fun about pistol caliber carbines.

Hoping to find a great deal on one someday. Hopefully it is as reliable as my pistol. That PX4 has been run hard for 8000+ rounds without hiccup.

Hello

I'm a huge fan of the PX4 pistols. May be the most under-rated (and under-utilized) handgun in 'Merica.

SA/DA w/ de-cocker, chrome-lined rotating barrel, low barrel axis, etc. Probably the most natural pointing handguns I've ever shot, including some high-fallutin' 1911's.

Don't understand why they never caught on here in the States.

-Guido in TX

• Like 1

Woohoo, carbine and mags both deliver today, so Saturday is going to be a range day.

My local range is my FFL, so it works out great.

My youngest son is all fired up over this carbine, you'd thought I'd bought it for him.

"Daddy, it's only 6# loaded and 9mm, it's just my size!"

LMAO, the boy needs a job real soon.

Ah heck, who am I kidding, I'm as jazzed about it as he is... New toy!

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 3