I'll be damned.  Metallica made an album that doesn't suck.

I haven't liked anything they've done since Black. 

But I like this one.

Edited by Darth Saigus

Tracks 8, 9 and 10 suck

Halo On Fire

Dream No More

Murder One

The rest is tolerable, a couple even come close to rocking.

Surprising, cause after the last few pitiful attempts I gave up even bothering to listen to their new stuff.

Do your self a favor and don't watch their lame assed videos.

I can't bring myself to listen anymore since Napster.

Strange is I barely downloaded but friends did and I heard so much more music and went out to buy albums. I viewed it like radio, listen find out if you like and then support by buying. I do the same with youtube and spotify.

• Like 2

They were protecting their intellectual property. Lars was a dick about it, but they were right and Napster was wrong. It's that simple.

Let's see you produce something that's worth millions, and have someone give it away for free.

You'd be pissed too, and rightfully so.

Thou Shalt Not Steal.

...let the crying begin...

Now, about the album. Hard wired has some great tracks, and some okay tracks. It's not Master of Puppets, that's for sure, but it's good stuff.

Edited by patriot
  • Like 1

I don't usually love a song the first time I hear it.  It happens but it's rare.  Sad But True is one I instantly loved.

But if I think a song is "pretty good" the first time I hear it I will often come to love it after hearing it a few more times. 

Most of the songs on Hardwired I've only heard once.  But it was clear this album is better than the last 20 years of crap.

I had put Metallica in the category of has-beens that just limp along making money off their old stuff and their old fans and would never do anything new that's not a joke.  This album proves they still have the desire and ability to make something worthwhile.

It's not Master of Puppets.  (Nothing is MOP except MOP.)  But it's not a joke.

Edited by Darth Saigus

They were protecting their intellectual property. Lars was a dick about it, but they were right and Napster was wrong. It's that simple.

Let's see you produce something that's worth millions, and have someone give it away for free.

Thou Shalt Not Steal.

Now, about the album. Hard wired has some great tracks, and some okay tracks. It's not Master of Puppets, that's for sure, but it's good stuff.

Ok, then did you not ever record music off the radio? Make mix tapes? Make custom mp3 disks off your own collection? If you did, did you ever give those to a friend?

Did I Say I downloaded without every buying an album or concert tickets? No I didnt. The musicians that embraced the internet and how things changed is who i listen to.

Same thing goes for the NRA. I will not support the FUDDS, reason i like GOA.

Thou Shalt Not Steal.

Ok, then did you not ever record music off the radio? Make mix tapes? Make custom mp3 disks off your own collection? If you did, did you ever give those to a friend?

Did I Say I downloaded without every buying an album or concert tickets? No I didnt. The musicians that embraced the internet and how things changed is who i listen to.

Same thing goes for the NRA. I will not support the FUDDS, reason i like GOA.

That's what's great about America. 

You have he freedom to make choices...even if they're wrong.

BTW: Time shifting recordings was ruled LEGAL. (This muddies the waters somewhat)

Methinks thou doth protest too much