Question on some wear marks on my S-12 PICS

Ive owned my S-12 since 2009 and its had about 700 rounds through it since new . What causes those wear marks and does anyone else have them? I was wondering if the recoil spring guide is sloppy causing the charging handle to float around ...I dont know.    Its always shot fine but the wear seems kind of excessive .

c129d6fb-99cd-4dd4-9da7-aeba5f03f3e2_zps

ab856efd-abed-45da-8ab6-7e255d98907b_zps

1ee4ea0e-b3b8-4b62-bf0d-de1bad715c78_zps

12e83fe2-a676-49ac-b0a0-757052b31d4d_zps

It is just sloppy tolerances.  Some (yours) are worse than others.  If it is working, I wouldn't worry about it.

So these surfaces are colliding with each other, and there is not much you can do.  You could polish those points so that they bypass with less impact.  But wait and see if someone with more expertise chimes in case that is a bad idea for some reason.

• Like 1

I have never seen it quite that drastic. Is it sticking or binding before the bolt locks? With no ammo in it and no mag, when you look through the magwell while the bolt is traveling forward slowly during hand cycling does the bolt deflect before lockup?

I have never seen it quite that drastic. Is it sticking or binding before the bolt locks? With no ammo in it and no mag, when you look through the magwell while the bolt is traveling forward slowly during hand cycling does the bolt deflect before lockup?

No everything seems smooth it doesent jam of any sorts .

• Like 1

Is the op rod REALLY REALLY loose on the bolt carrier? It is hitting and bouncing, either something is moving slightly askew, or there is a resonance somewhere that is causing the bolt to move around and not go true. Could be anywhere, but the extractor claw is another good place to look. It could be off square, or otherwise deflecting the bolt.

• Like 1

Is the op rod REALLY REALLY loose on the bolt carrier? It is hitting and bouncing, either something is moving slightly askew, or there is a resonance somewhere that is causing the bolt to move around and not go true. Could be anywhere, but the extractor claw is another good place to look. It could be off square, or otherwise deflecting the bolt.

Ill check out the op rod I never gave it much thought if it was loose .Thanks

Ill check out the op rod I never gave it much thought if it was loose .Thanks

Look for cracking where the op rod threads in.