Decisions, Decisions  

15 members have voted

1. 1. So many tools, so little money and time.

• Tavor X95
    • Bushmaster ACR
    • BOTH and eat ramen in the dark for the next three months

Okay, I need some help with this. Had an enhanced ACR and an X95 offered to me by a friend who is lightening his collection. About 100 rounds through both, they still look new. Have thought through the ins and outs of both and just can not decide. Since there are no new Saiga offerings at the moment and this is what is available. The kicker to the decision is they are both the same price, and it is below the cost of a new Tavor X95.

Help?

• 2 weeks later...

And the final result.....

Tavor is in the safe waiting for range day.  (And the promise of a .300 blackout and 5.45 kits in the future).

Enhanced ACR is being held on my marker for a couple more weeks until I can pick it up. Wonder if the 6.8 conversion is available yet?

And just to add icing to the entire thing:

A VEPR 23' barrel 30.06 will be ordered from KVAR on Monday...

Bless me Father, for my will (on this particular subject) is weak. My smoking wallet will not forgive me anytime soon and there is a lot of ramen in my near future. And yet, I regret nothing.

Thank you for the opinions.

Edited by The Deacon
  • Like 4

Okay, you have a good point. ACR and X95 will get their exercise this weekend. Since my budget is well and truly blown now I added an ACOG to the ACR ( it just works and it looks...right! ) and a red dot with a 5x magnifier to the X95. Mags ( and magpul drums, one came with the ACR ) are loaded and waiting, 4WD is fueled and serviced, weekend will be in the 80's with no wind.

Desert, here I come!

Edited by The Deacon
  • Like 1

" Supposedly " there is going to be a .300 barrel for the X95. Some have turned up on the secondary market but they seem to be one of a kind custom units. The 6.8 and 300 barrels and bolts for the ACR has become a cottage industry, parts available with a lead time involved.

The Tavor feels like you're firing a plastic rear-heavy VCR with bad ergonomics and a shitty trigger. My buddy has one and regrets buying it.

I like them. The trigger might not be objectively awesome, but I didn't find that it interfered with my ability to shoot well.

• Like 1

On one hand, I dearly love the Tavor TAR21 I got two years ago and the X95 may become favored as well. The trigger on the X95 is better than the original TAR 21 by a fair amount and I am actively considering aftermarket triggers for both. As soon as I get fully acclimated to the X95 controls we are going to do the shoot house and see how it handles. If the NFA gets trimmed it's barrel will too.

On the other hand, the ACR is okay, but not as devastatingly awesome as it was represented to me, at least not in .556. Maybe if I can get the 6.8 barrel kit I will warm up to it more. It seems about the same as my Sig 556.

Gripping hand, the VEPR 30.06 has impressed me a bit so far. Adding a lantac brake, good optic and the Dragunov furniture should make it a tad more interesting. I think I am going to engrave the old Bell system jingle on it if the results are as good as I think they may be.

Yeah, I just dated myself pretty badly. But points to anyone who gets the two references I used in this post.  My wallet is now on life support and the budget a smoking ruin.  I still regret nothing!

Edited by The Deacon