You have to be kidding me!!

My final Form 1 finally arrived in the mail after a nine month wait. This was for an AR 10.5" SBR to accommodate one of my suppressors. The form arrived on Saturday. I opened it, placed it on my kitchen table, planning to make a copy and add it to the collection in the safe upon returning home:

Eight hours later I return home to this:

post-37530-0-87437200-1488926203_thumb.jpeg

My seven month old pup decided she needed a piece of paper to chew on, and the seven thousand sheets of homework paper that my kids leave lying around everywhere just wouldn't do. She needed a special piece of paper that cost $200 and 9 months of waiting to acquire. Of course my 13 year old who let her out of the kennel paid no attention to what she was doing.

Guess the actual stamp and serial number are outside fertilizing the grass somewhere by now!

No big deal, the BATFE is going to send a certified copy to replace, just more waiting, but word to the wise never trust a 7 month old dog and a 13 year old adolescent girl around anything you are not prepared to see destroyed, no matter how far out of reach you think you have placed it! :)

Edited by Spacehog
  • Like 2

Dogs suck.

No, they chew. ;)

Sorry to see that, Spacehog! Fortunately it can be replaced without too much trouble.

My rescue dog was about 8 months old when I got him last year, and also chewed-up various things around the house. Fortunately it was never anything expensive or important, but it sure was frustrating and annoying for a while!

All I can say is to encourage him to chew on his toys as much as possible, instead of other things. Try a variety of items, too.

Do NOT get any of those ropes with the knots in them, the strings they chew off and eat can cause serious health problems!

• Like 1

Hey buddy. You might want to rethink posting you phone number and other such info on a public forum.

Not trying to be a dick just some friendly advise from a fellow 2A guy.

Thank you for the heads up. I purposely cropped out the address, and didn't even notice the phone number. Fixed

Dogs suck.

No, they chew. ;)

Sorry to see that, Spacehog! Fortunately it can be replaced without too much trouble.

My rescue dog was about 8 months old when I got him last year, and also chewed-up various things around the house. Fortunately it was never anything expensive or important, but it sure was frustrating and annoying for a while!

All I can say is to encourage him to chew on his toys as much as possible, instead of other things. Try a variety of items, too.

Do NOT get any of those ropes with the knots in them, the strings they chew off and eat can cause serious health problems!

She does like to chew, but it is worse when she is couped up. She loves being outdoors and active. We try to make sure she gets a lot of exercise, and I run the heck out of her at the property. She is already an awesome pup. A little more maturity on her and she will be an ideal companion.

• Like 1

Years ago I actually had to call the IRS and tell them my Rotty eat my refund check, I could hear the lady on the other end busting a gut laughing, then she reminded me that when I get the replacement check, "to be sure and deposit it", hell, it only sat on the table for 1 day.

Glad to hear you getting your stamp replaced, Hog.

• Like 3

Years ago I actually had to call the IRS and tell them my Rotty eat my refund check, I could hear the lady on the other end busting a gut laughing, then she reminded me that when I get the replacement check, "to be sure and deposit it", hell, it only sat on the table for 1 day.

Glad to hear you getting your stamp replaced, Hog.

I was prepared for the chuckle on the other end of the line as well. She asked me if the dog was still breathing? :)

• Like 2

I laughed, sad to say, but yeah, I laughed.

Good to hear replacing it is relatively painless.

After the initial shock, I was able to laugh about it too. I wouldn't have posted the thread if I couldn't find humor in it. The other purpose was to let folks know that if you lose your stamp or it is destroyed, you have recourse. Just call. 032.gif

I laughed, sad to say, but yeah, I laughed.

Good to hear replacing it is relatively painless.

After the initial shock, I was able to laugh about it too. I wouldn't have posted the thread if I couldn't find humor in it. The other purpose was to let folks know that if you lose your stamp or it is destroyed, you have recourse. Just call. 032.gif

I like to think I'm a relatively calm person. But with that said: I think you handled this a WHOLE lot better than I would have. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Fuck the NFA and the ASSHOLES that wrote and signed it into law.

Thank God for pistol stabilizing braces.

you might want to do that, but its too late: damage has already been done!

^ Makes absolutely no fucking sense.

...like all the rest of your posts.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would've shot the dog anyway... you don't get another stamp.

I have to second fuck the NFA because I move around so much the paperwork is a horrendous pain in the ass. If you go to sell anything prepare to pay $400 in taxes F4 to dealer F4 to the person. You'll lose money on everything but machineguns. I'll go around it where possible but the shotguns need SBS.

I forgot the transfer fees $100 ish for an NFA dealer on the other end. you'll practically have to give it away to transfer it as an NFA weapon.

I'd get the $200 refund if it wasn't built yet and put an SB tactical brace on it.

Edited by mike123456

While I appreciate your point of view, I love my dog more than a tax stamp, did not build the SBR as an investment, and have permanent roots invested where I am. I have three SBRs, will I do another one? Probably not so long as braces stay legal and as well as shouldering them. (I wouldn't hold my breath on either of those in the long term future) Additionally the purpose for this particular SBR was to accommodate a suppressor. I have found the actual adjustable stock affords me better balance and ergonomics than shouldering a shorter brace. With some of the PDW pistol braces out that might change.

• Like 1