Looks like a POS but the price is right.

BINGO…..the price is right and you get an all metal AK receiver too, unlike a lot of the uber expensive 9mm polymer crap out there.

I really dislike polymer uppers and lowers,poly furniture is not so bad but I like the foundation of my gun to be all metal.

Edited by SHOTGUN MESSIAH

I really wish the handguard wasnt part of the mag well. It's ugly as hell. With a low profile metal keymod handguard it would be awesome.

Magwell is a separate part and interchangeable. I would file off the parts of the handguard that are not a handguard and roll with it. As small as it is, I still can't help but see material I would want to lose.

• Like 2

Yep I'd have a scorpion by now if the price was right... If a 22lr blow back can be $100, what makes a milk jug gun 7x more expensive??

Well and the current poly offerings fugly except for skorp

You know a glock in a micro ronin looks pretty cool.

The reviews of that hideous pistol have not been flattering.

Meh….reviews are like assholes.

Everyone gave the I.O. AK bad reviews, but mine has run 100% with no problems whatsoever. So I take firearm reviews with a grain of salt.

Ultimately, it is the end user that dictates performance.

I have been wanting a 9mm AK but don't want to spend $1500.00 on one so this may be the ticket for me. Another big plus for me is that it takes Beretta mags

which I already have a ton of, so I won't need to drop any coin on mags.

I didn't watch the whole thing, but it looked to me like he ran a bunch of crap ammo through it and got some failures as a result.  Most 9mm practice ammo is low powered.  One of my 9mm carbines, the only ball ammo that will run it reliably is PRVI.

• Like 1

Links?

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/03/08/chiappa-9mm-kalashnikov-pistol-review/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=2017-03-11&utm_campaign=Weekly+Newsletter

I think it looks like crap in general.

Edited by ChileRelleno

Links?

Did some research when it dropped around a year ago. A lot of people having the firing pin retainer break and the firing pin falling out, jamming in the action. There were a few reviews and YouTube videos. Not seeing them right now but don't have time to look as I'm not home.

Maybe they have them sorted out by now? Price is right. It's just too ugly for me and I already have a 9mm carbine

Meh….reviews are like assholes.

I agree, but I do prefer to wait a bit and see how new products perform before I waste my money being a Guinea pig.

I didn't watch the whole thing, but it looked to me like he ran a bunch of crap ammo through it and got some failures as a result.  Most 9mm practice ammo is low powered.  One of my 9mm carbines, the only ball ammo that will run it reliably is PRVI.

The coating on some of the Wolf ammo is not all that well thought out in regards to reliability. Occasionally, I can get feed failures in my Glock as a result of the cases binding on one another and it is hard to load the last few rounds into the mag due to the friction the coating induces. I have never seen it lead to extraction issues in my Glock, but it would not surprise me if that contributed to the few failures in that video. Maybe even a combination of inconsistent charge as well. For the price, the pistol looks worth getting. I could not leave it as it is though. I remember other 9mm variants being much more expensive.

Someone buy one and fire some brass cased loads in it ;)

I will be getting one as soon as they are back in stock at some other retailer other than Atlantic,

I have seen these for sale as low as $400 elsewhere. Cool little gun.

What do you have against Atlantic?

I will be getting one as soon as they are back in stock at some other retailer other than Atlantic,

Prices.

They aren't half bad on most stuff. And they have a good selection. What other sites do you watch? I'm always looking for a deal.

Shipping policy is "FU for living in Alaska".

I really wish the handguard wasnt part of the mag well. It's ugly as hell. With a low profile metal keymod handguard it would be awesome.

Magwell is a separate part and interchangeable. I would file off the parts of the handguard that are not a handguard and roll with it. As small as it is, I still can't help but see material I would want to lose.

spell that M-Lok and I would agree, but potato potahto.

I wish more of these PCC type thingies came with swappable magwells. This gets a lot of win points for me in that aspect.

I really dislike polymer uppers and lowers,poly furniture is not so bad but I like the foundation of my gun to be all metal.

I have nothing against using plastic to make a gun. It's a good material with advantages, but in many cases metal just is more durable. For a firearm with stamps attatched which could be the last one anyone in my family is ever able to own, I prefer metal. Even if it is crummy metal. Think of all those garbage Mac 10 flats from the just before Hughes Amendment. Those were crooked, soft, misdrilled and as sorry as could be. They've been rebent, holes filled, retempered, re drilled and in every way corrected. I bet very few of those aren't running better than anyone ever expected now that there are things like the Lage conversions for them.

So if I were dropping coin on an SBR for cheap, I think I prefer something like this to a scorpion. At the least I could always fabricate a magwell to make it work with whatever plastic handgun mags I am using in the future. 

I'm the only one who thinks this gun looks cool…. Well beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess laugh.png

I wouldn't call any AK a thing of beauty, it is a primitive design at best.

All I would do is remove those 2 top horizontal rails, slap on that Gail brace and call it good. Oh, and

throw those 2 aftermarket red follower Beretta copy mags in the garbage where they belong.

This little bad boy will be mine soon…. Heck, I may even buy 2.

I'm the only one who thinks this gun looks cool…. Well beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess laugh.png

I wouldn't call any AK a thing of beauty, it is a primitive design at best.

All I would do is remove those 2 top horizontal rails, slap on that Gail brace and call it good. Oh, and

throw those 2 aftermarket red follower Beretta copy mags in the garbage where they belong.

This little bad boy will be mine soon…. Heck, I may even buy 2.

I think its pretty bad ass looking. Need to research it a bit more before I buy one, but I do like it. And I have a ton of Glock mags for it.