Though I have a lot of great guns my Glock is my work gun , never liked it but it is what it is .

Shoots great never had a problem with it. It's starting to loose its finish around the front slide but it is a gun you can trust.

Gen 3 27

I think the G22 is the "best" one. I'm not a .40 fan, but it is nice to have a Glock in 9mm (converted) with a barrel, guide rod, and mag that fits in a 2 mag pouch and allows me to fire .40 again if I want to. That 2013 panic traumatized me a bit when it comes to ammo. I have 2x the opportunity to run across ammo that I can use.

On another note, I may have the ugliest and most raggedy Glock of anyone here. I wear it every day and it looks like it. It is beat, but runs great and I handle it well enough.

My first new Glock was an OD G22 and that things has always been unbelievably reliable. I tried many times to kill it. Dumping 10 mags in a row as fast as I could then doing the same thing next range trip without cleaning it. I tried everything short of filling it with mud including shooting all the worst ammo. Never had one malfunction, ever.

I've moved on to the G17 RTF2 (Gen3, all my Glocks are gen 3). I just enjoy shooting 9mm alot more and the ammo selection is better. I still have that G22 though.

I actually got the G22 originally with the intention of doing a 9mm conversion barrel. Then the RTF2s came out and I couldn't resist getting one so I got a 9mm and slowly moved away from .40.

Edited by Vance665

I considered selling the Cz SP01 to pay for Glock, but I also recall the ammo shortage of 2010 and how the only caliber available then was 40. That's the only real reason I hold on to that gun because I really don't like it or the caliber.

Hello

My first was a "36". I don't think they were doing generations back then.

That little single-stack rivals many of the new breed of pocket pistols. Still one of my "go-to guns" for summertime or motorbiking, with a GlockClip, carried SOB and oriented to my weak (non-throttle) side.

-Guido in TX

• 9 months later...

Some people love Glocks, some people hate them. I have a 19 and 26. Love the 19. To me it is a perfect size for my intended purpose. The gun itself is simple and reliable. Like others, not my favorite gun, but probably my favorite non-1911 gun. The Sig P320 compact is quickly becoming my favorite non-1911 handgun. Similar in size to the 19.

Linda looks hot....spam or not.....

She would have one of those "O" faces leaving the house if she came and checked out my heating & air conditioning. :lol:

How come most of the NJ heating & A.C. techs sent to my house look like John Goodman? :eek:wacko.png 

• Like 1

I was up in Michigan a couple months ago, and decided to pick a Chevy Camaro RS off the rental lot from National car rental. (Completely unrelated... but if you join their Emerald Club, which is free, you do not have to wait and you can pick anything available on the lot... but I digress) The thought of driving a fast good looking car for a couple of days appealed to me, and I enjoyed the power, and it was fun to drive. Much more so than the boring truck and small SUV parked in the drive way and airport backhome in AL. But I found that after a short while of fun, the car set so low I couldn't see over the median while taking a left, visibility was so poor inside that I felt like I needed to say a prayer before changing lanes. What I thought would be my favorite, was still fun, and I enjoyed.....but I longed for the familiarity, functionality, and comfort of my mundane truck.

Point being....sometimes the favorite is not necessarily the most fun to shoot, or the prettiest, or the most exotic, but the same boring handgun that you run time and time again in drills, has half of the finish worn off of the slide, won't win any beauty contests, but is reliable, accurate, and you do not even think about it when firing. It becomes natural.

Glock 19 EDC, Glock 43 Ankle or pocket carry. Also have a 41 and 17, but the first two are my "boring" favorites. :)

• Like 1