Conversion after 12 years

Owned my Saiga-12 for 12 years and been a member here since 2005.

Finally converted.

Tapco G2 trigger, butt & pistol grip.

I had a bit of fun as the bits I got didn't have the shepherds crook retaining spring, but came with the steel retaining plate, this is impossible to fit with the BHO.

I ended up using the original spring & refitted the forward retaining pin for the original trigger to keep the spring in place.

The BHO was a pain, had to grind about 3/16" off the bottom as it was fouling on my trigger finger

Getting all the parts & a police permit to do the conversion is a mission over here in New Zealand.

Managed to get hold of an MD Arms 20 round drum - cost me about $400 US

No I'm looking forward to shooting some clays. I have shot thousands of clay birds with the original stock.

• Like 6

Very cool.

I suspect you had a retainer plate made for the AK rifles, not the shotguns. The spacing on the holes & rails is different on those, so you have to modify them a bit to make them work for the shotties.

I'm sure your gun feels a little better to you. It will really sink in how much better it is when you try one in sporter config after you've gotten used to the proper one.