I had a 2007 Charger, 3.5L V6/AWD. Loved it! I ran track days with it, too. :)

I haven't driven one of the newer ones with the Pentastar engine, but haven't read about too many problems with them.

A great resource is ChargerForums.com.

My friend and I rented a 2014 Chrysler 300 with the 5.7L engine when we were on vacation in '14. Great highway cruiser. Speaking of which, if you do a lot of highway driving, the Hemi engine gets almost the same mpg highway as the Pentastar. Watch for year-end sales and discounts, and check for a lease turn-in, too.  ;)

I always loved the Charger Line!

24 years ago I almost pulled a 1969 out of a junkyard for $600 but, I was 21, married, and broke, with a baby on the way. It was 98%.

I hope someone saved it.

A week later I dug up a Charger Emblem, while metal detecting in a different part of town. I still have it.

I think that God was giving me what I could afford.

I'll try to post pics.

It looks like this one.

post-38865-0-51356100-1490423796_thumb.png

Edited by Sim_Player

IMO the challenger looks better. Todays charger should be called the coronet since its 4 doors.

Don't worry, on the Forums we've been arguing that point since 2006!  :D

If you need 4 seats, go with the Charger. Getting into and out of the back of the Challenger is a PITA.

Well funny how things happen. Just getting home from a family get together and my brother in law shows up in a 2014 camaro with 3400 miles on it in mint condition. Yes, 3400! As the evening passes he tells me that he regrets having bought the car because he never drives it and wants someone to take it off his hands. All he wants is the balance owed paid off. You guys can imagine where this went. Long story short, I'm getting a very small car loan monday.

• Like 4

Well funny how things happen. Just getting home from a family get together and my brother in law shows up in a 2014 camaro with 3400 miles on it in mint condition. Yes, 3400! As the evening passes he tells me that he regrets having bought the car because he never drives it and wants someone to take it off his hands. All he wants is the balance owed paid off. You guys can imagine where this went. Long story short, I'm getting a very small car loan monday.

I've got a 2010 Camaro SS. You'll LOVE it. You've got a keeper. The LS motors seem to last forever.

• Like 1

IMO the challenger looks better. Todays charger should be called the coronet since its 4 doors.

I prefer the 2014 Charger with the big cross grille and the angular dimple in the doors. I don't like the newer ones, the smaller grille really killed the look.

I'm not a fan of the lack of visibility out of them, or the gauges down in front of the shifter, but I wouldn't pass up that deal either! Congrats!

Take it for a good test drive first, if you haven't already.

I'm not a fan of the lack of visibility out of them, or the gauges down in front of the shifter, but I wouldn't pass up that deal either! Congrats!

Use your mirrors and it's not a problem.

Use your mirrors and it's not a problem.

I don't use mirrors to see out the front or side windows, TYVM.  ;)

Yeah, visibility is lacking, but for 17k, I don't care. I need a new car, and this is exactly that. Now here's the kicker......it's not for me. It's for the wife.

It's always for the wife!

Funny thing, my wife wants my ne vehicle. This is the newest i have ever owned for myself, before was my 94 s series i bought im 2009 after the rear main went out in my 83 t10 i got in 2000, before that was a 78 Phoenix i got in 98 after i blew up the worn and abused 305 in my 79 monte carlo.

Since i have known my wife, she has had 2 mercury sables, a 97 grand am, a 95 blazer, and now her 02 trailblazer. I have known her since 2000.

Oh and i still own all my vehicles except the pheonix. The monte has a built 355 sbc pushing abput 400hp, the 83 is parked at my parents awaiting a restoration and sbc swap, the blazer is up for sale.

I told my wife she can have a the envoy after its paid off and i have my 83 t10 back.

• Like 1