That article is much more well-written than the one posted up on BBC:  http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39413376

"This may be a case of 'stand-your-ground,' however, it's still too early to say for sure, and we're still looking into all aspects of this," Mr Mahoney told local media.

He was referring to the laws in some states that say a citizen can legally use lethal force if they feel that their life in is imminent danger.

The writer of the article is confusing "Stand Your Ground" with the basic Right of Self Defense. Which you're not allowed to do any more in the UK.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Glad they got what was coming and the getaway driver will see a nice long sentence. Sounds as if the neighborhood will not have to worry about burglaries anymore and the cops may even find some of the originally stolen items at the homes of the now departed. These are the stories that need to be aired on mainstream media but never are, or are twisted so maliciously as to make it completely opposite of what it should be taken as

• Like 3

I liked this part....

Authorities later said the suspected getaway driver, Elizabeth Rodriguez, turned herself in at the Broken Arrow Police Department, the Tulsa World reported. The 21-year-old was arrested on charges of first degree murder, three counts, as well as three counts of burglary. “A person who is committing a felony when a death occurs can be charged with felony murder,” Tulsa World explained.

Buh-bye ;)

• Like 3

Their legal correspondent sounds like she knows what she's talking about, and did well, imo. I like how she stressed that "laws across our country" are all the same on this!  :up:

I didn't bother reading the comments, and will never watch The View.

According to the latest reports the "getaway driver" was actually the mastermind of the gang.  She told the boys to rob the house. 

That makes the murder charges a lot more serious. 

• 3 weeks later...

getting killed by an AR, its like shitting on their grave preemptively.

Once again, you've expanded the magnitude of your obtuseness.

To put it in the more common vernacular: You ain't right.

1. The AR didn't "do" anything. It's a tool. The user did the deed.

2. There is no shame in getting killed by someone using a particular firearm. I don't care if it's an AR, AK, Jennings, Desert Eagle, TOW missile, MOAB, nuke or a pointed stick. Dead is DEAD.

3. An AR, in the right hands, can easily be used to put you in your grave at 500 meters. In boot camp, we routinely hit silhouettes at 500 meters. You don't know what you are talking about. AGAIN.

4. You must get your ass kicked regularly.

5. Seek professional help. NOW.

Edited by patriot

getting killed by an AR, its like shitting on their grave preemptively.

You've obviously been believing the internet again.  Listening to the keyboard commandos who say that the AR is a "poodle shooter".  Listening to the "real men" who claim that nothing less than 30 caliber can ever be a fighting cartridge.

Think for yourself.  Separate fact from opinion and reject the me-too mentality.  Stop trying to sound like you know something, and actually try to learn something.

Fact:  Any firearm can be lethal.  Thousands of people have been killed with 22lr.  Even from a rifle barrel 22lr has barely over 100 ft/lb of energy.  Thousands of people have been killed with 9mm.  Normal 9mm ammunition has ~400 ft/lb of energy.  45ACP+P has only ~500 ft/lb.  Even the monster 44mag has less than 1000 ft/lb for common loadings.

Fact:  The most common AR ammunition has 1,200 ft/lb of energy inside 10 yards.  Unless you make a very stupid ammo choice (like M855), the bullet will yaw/expand/fragment and will dump that energy in the target.  That's going to be lethal for almost any torso/head hit.

• Like 2

Fact:  The most common AR ammunition has 1,200 ft/lb of energy inside 10 yards.  Unless you make a very stupid ammo choice (like M855), the bullet will yaw/expand/fragment and will dump that energy in the target.  That's going to be lethal for almost any torso/head hit.

855 will do a great job....from the 20" barrel it was intended for.  Mall ninja M4's don't have it!

M193 from a 20" will leave your lungs on the other side of your body at HD ranges.

more people are killed by .22lr than any other caliber, i know an AR will do the job. more than anything i'm just fond of the "AR Trash Rifle" meme than actually hating them all that much. its like if fried chicken flavored soda was the most popular soda in America, nothing wrong with it but its not my thing.

more people are killed by .22lr than any other caliber, i know an AR will do the job. more than anything i'm just fond of the "AR Trash Rifle" meme than actually hating them all that much. its like if fried chicken flavored soda was the most popular soda in America, nothing wrong with it but its not my thing.

Ahhh.. chicken flavored cola, goes great with waffles!

Nice backpedal there, Skippy.

AR trash rifle meme is just

855 will do a great job....from the 20" barrel it was intended for.  Mall ninja M4's don't have it!

M193 from a 20" will leave your lungs on the other side of your body at HD ranges.

Since almost nobody has a 20" AR I call M855 junk as a defensive round.

M193 is orders of magnitude superior if you're going to use fmj.  It performs well from a 16" barrel (vast majority of ARs) at defensive ranges.  Of course there are even more effective rounds out there.  I am a fan of the MK262.  That's what's loaded in my "crap rifle" "mall ninja" 16" AR sitting beside me right now.  I do have a bunch of mags loaded with M193 in case, well, you know...  zombies.

I'd love to get my hands on some M855A1.  It's effictiveness on armored and unarmored targets is nothing short of amazing.  But I can't justify $3 a round on the gray market.

Which loads do you like out of a 10" bbl. AR-pistol? I think the 40 gr. varmint loads would be wicked, and have a minimal chance of overpenetration if anyone's concerned about that. Plus, the fireball would blind and roast them a little.

40gr varmit loads will be nasty but the wound is going to be shallow.  Remember they are intended to blow up prairie dogs.  40gr loads also may or may not reliably cycle a 10" gun.  The dwell time is already very short.  The ultra-light bullet is just going to make that worse.

For varmit type rounds a 55gr would have a better chance of devestating expansion while also penetrating to vitals.  I like the Hornady 55gr VMAX for this type of round but others are probably just as good.

My preference for a pistol/sbr is still the MK262.  It's gtg from my sbr, my 14.5, my 16, my 18...  It may be a bit more prone to overpenetration but I'm willing to accept that in my situation.

I have seen some impressive tests of the 50gr TSX from a short barrel.  But being barrier blind it doesn't break up when it hits walls.

Nice backpedal there, Skippy.

not really, i'd still see being killed by [someone firing] an AR15 as being like adding insult to fatality. i guess with my penchant for aesthetics and my personal sense of meaning  i'd prefer to be run over and killed by a Mustang rather than a Chevy Volt. i can accept its an effective and perfectly adequate weapon whilst still finding it to be a hideous, distasteful machine devoid of any beauty or soul. same with Glocks and the boxy polymer pistols they inspired, perfectly effective, reliable weapons that a plenty capable of doing the job, they're just not my cup of tea and i personally find them lacking any sort of character or personality.

I think a 10-22 that could fire a 3-rnd. burst would be pretty handy. wink.png

supposedly .22lr hollow points make absolutely ghastly wounds. i've heard many a medical professional say that they are some of the worst wounds to have to tend to.