After reading that, i don't know who's more fucked in the head...you or Ben.

Ben's just hostile, but no rats in the attic.

mine are more like Chinchillas of Flemish Giant Rabbits.

Do you cut their feet off first?

Do you cut their feet off first?

the fact you would even think of doing something that cruel to animals says quite a lot. i barely even yell at my dogs, never striking them or otherwise using physical violence towards a domestic animal.

...but I'll bet you've got a large supply of peanut butter laid in.....

Nice try. Try again. I'm not the type who does that so the claws don't puncture sensitive membranes.

I have much better non-deviant ways of getting my jollies.

Edited by patriot

Which loads do you like out of a 10" bbl. AR-pistol? I think the 40 gr. varmint loads would be wicked, and have a minimal chance of overpenetration if anyone's concerned about that. Plus, the fireball would blind and roast them a little.

1st, I would find a ~55 grain expanding round for that use. 2nd, that fireball is going to blind you as well.

• Like 1

AR trash rifle meme is just

Fact:  The most common AR ammunition has 1,200 ft/lb of energy inside 10 yards.  Unless you make a very stupid ammo choice (like M855), the bullet will yaw/expand/fragment and will dump that energy in the target.  That's going to be lethal for almost any torso/head hit.

855 will do a great job....from the 20" barrel it was intended for.  Mall ninja M4's don't have it!

M193 from a 20" will leave your lungs on the other side of your body at HD ranges.

Since almost nobody has a 20" AR I call M855 junk as a defensive round.

M193 is orders of magnitude superior if you're going to use fmj.  It performs well from a 16" barrel (vast majority of ARs) at defensive ranges.  Of course there are even more effective rounds out there.  I am a fan of the MK262.  That's what's loaded in my "crap rifle" "mall ninja" 16" AR sitting beside me right now.  I do have a bunch of mags loaded with M193 in case, well, you know...  zombies.

I'd love to get my hands on some M855A1.  It's effictiveness on armored and unarmored targets is nothing short of amazing.  But I can't justify $3 a round on the gray market.

Well some of us still have SP1's or 2's.

Well some of us still have SP1's or 2's.

You are in the minority.

But even with a 20" M855 is not optimum.  Past 200 yards the velocity falls off and the bullet has the same ice picking problems.

I absolutely hate the round.  I would never trust my life to it.  If it was the only 5.56 ammo I could get I'd sell all my 5.56 guns.  And I will steer as many people away from it as I can.

My fav 223 bullet is a 62gr frangible HP with a cartriidge brass casing and pure lead core. (Corbin)...but I don't have a supplier anymore.

Absolutely explosive! Second fav is the purple "training rounds". Accurate and ALMOST as explosive.

Right now you can get 1,000 rounds of M193 in 200rd sealed sleeves packed in an ammo can from SGAmmo for $279.90 + $18.

Yeah I ordered one.  Thought real hard about two.

• Like 1

Which loads do you like out of a 10" bbl. AR-pistol? I think the 40 gr. varmint loads would be wicked, and have a minimal chance of overpenetration if anyone's concerned about that. Plus, the fireball would blind and roast them a little.

Better hope they don't come at you while its night or you'll be just as blind and then who knows what happens from there. Fireballs are fun at the range, not when you're protecting family or self

Don't worry, I'm well-aware of all the factors involved, that's why I suggested the .22 select-fire earlier.

The noise and fireball from the AR pistol isn't fun at all at an indoor firing range, fuggetabout inside a house with less room and no hearing protection. ;)

Yinz can't take a joke now and then, can ya? :)

• Like 1