IR laser from orbit?  Nah.  Too much attenuation in the atmosphere at IR wavelengths.

There are wavelengths that zip through the atmosphere with no problem.  Just sayin.

IR laser from orbit?  Nah.  Too much attenuation in the atmosphere at IR wavelengths.

There are wavelengths that zip through the atmosphere with no problem.  Just sayin.

I didn't think to consider that. Good catch. You're right. Sabotage is another possibility, although not as likely as pure incompetence.

I remember other people that weren't me making small thermobaric "fireworks" in the backyard. They consisted of an atomized particle explosion timed by a second charge which shoved the initial pressure wave outward. A very small one was enough to blow the camera over and knock down stuff a couple yards away.000.gif

• Like 1

If I remember right 10.7um has no problems. (CO2 mainline)

Near IR might.

Yeah a quick look at the chart shows 10.7 sits at a sweet spot with around 30% atmospheric attenuation.  That's probably acceptable loss.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

I remember other people that weren't me making small thermobaric "fireworks" in the backyard. They consisted of an atomized particle explosion timed by a second charge which shoved the initial pressure wave outward. A very small one was enough to blow the camera over and knock down stuff a couple yards away.000.gif

pics or it didnt happen!!!!!!