Photo
- - - - -

Semi Custom mold for 7.62x39 / 300 BLK ~125 grain

7.62x39 300 blackout

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 GunFun

GunFun

Apparently, guy who has made way too many posts.

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,147 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:29 PM

I'm mostly hosting this thread in the 300 BO forum. 

However, I've started developing a semi custom mold suitable for 7.62x39 / 300 BLK. It casts out a 125 grains of linotype. Powder coated it ought to be more or less a clone of factory ammo.

For some reason, no one is making a mold in this size range for 30 cal. Initial testing seems to indicate that this bullet is stable and handles pressure without difficulty, but I don't have a lot of range time on it. I expect we can get it to accuracy consistently under 2moa for normal rifles in the ruskie caliber and the "modernized 8 kurz" caliber.

If you are interested in the project let me know.

I need a couple people who reload for AKs to test it out. PM me if you are interested.

RvZknsS.jpg

jDflioj.jpg

yrtmshe.jpg?1

Mold specs would be CTL 312-125-2r

I shaved down one less tumble lube groove than the original plan, by removing the amount I measured, which leaves 3 TL grooves instead of 2. So the projectile length is .802" and they weighed 124.5 +/1 .1 grain naked. They hand cycle nicely, both fast and slow, loaded in or out a bit from my projected OAL. A bit of paint showed no interference with the lands. I am particularly pleased at how clean the surface finish was for the machining, and that I trimmed at exactly the perfect depth to get a clean, semi bevel base effect from the tumble lube band. Exactly as I hoped.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 7.62x39, 300 blackout

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users