Going the way of Ruger and S&W, SAI and RRA have sold out to the Anti Gunners in Illinois.

They threw all Illinois FFL's and citizens under the Anti's tires in order to carve out a licensing exemption for themselves.

If this bill goes through and becomes law,

all Illinois FFL's will have to be state licensed, one can only imagine the hoops to jump through, fees to be paid, restrictions and regulations that will come with this licensing scheme.

Further, all citizens of Illinois will be limited to nine firearms transfers per year.

The sell out.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/04/john-boch/springfield-armory-rock-river-arms-trade-opposition-to-illinois-ffl-licensing-scheme-for-carve-out/

SAI CEO statement on their sellout.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/04/daniel-zimmerman/statement-from-springfield-armory-ceo-denny-reese-on-ifma-deal-illinois-anti-gun-legislation/

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 1

I've called and emailed both companies, and I urge all of you to do the same.

Make sure they know you know about their political/business decision and are not happy with it.

Taking any action without telling them about it and why you're doing it is half assed.

The female CSR at SAI was obviously tired of fielding these calls, and kept trying to read her scripted response - which was "We've no comment at this time."
To which I kept telling her, "I don't care about any response, please tell whoever it may concern that you've lost a customer."

At RRA I got voice mail, and I left a detailed response.

Greetings traitors to the People and Constitution,
RRA and SAI have thrown the citizens and FFL businesses of Illinois under the grinding gears of the  Anti Gun machine.
Therefore I feel the need to inform you that I and tens of thousands of other like minded citizens of the US will not being doing business with you.
We hope you feel the effects of your bad decision much as Ruger and S&W did, and such as Target and ESPN are feeling it right now.

What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand, and why should you only wish for yourselves to un-infringed by the Illinois Anti Gunners.

I currently own multiple SAI firearms, and I tell you now, "I will never buy another firearm of yours."

This a big "F*** Y**!", and we sincerely hope you go bankrupt.

Heart felt wishes from,
John Cox
  • Like 1

This will be challenged and defeated.

The right to bear arms does not give a number of arms just the right to have arms.

CA, Il, NY are the 3 states that many out of state off duty LEO will not chance carrying .

They are in some areas not friendly.

When I am on vacation and going through Illinois ,I lock it away.

Well scratch the M1A from the "someday" list.

It blows to see iconic manufacturers turn their backs on the people just to cover their own asses.  And the truly idiotic thing is the gun community is well known for it's treatment of traitors.  Did they not think we could put 2 and 2 together?

The right thing to do is fight every anti-freedom law tooth and nail and if the state you do business in can't support freedom, then take your company to a state that does.  Witness MagPul.

• Like 3

SAI.  RRA.   What companies in longhand please.

Rock River Arms.

Springfield Armory Inc.

Very disappointing to see this from any gun industry related company, much more so from an American icon like Springfield.

• Like 3
Rock River Arms.

Springfield Armory Inc.

Well, I bought my M1A Scout 10 or 12 years ago, and traded-in a Springfield Ultramax .45 for a RRA .45 last year... I like both guns very much, and have no plans to sell them any time soon.

Every company that makes firearms or parts for them should have moved the hell out of IL decades ago anyway. I'm glad that residents now have the chance to get a CCW permit, at least. I have a bunch of relatives in the Palatine area.

It will pass the Illinois House. They are democrat controlled. Our only hope is Gov. Rauner the only Republican with power on the matter. It is hard to say because in Illinois it's really only one party. Primarily liberal controlled, Illinois. If my wife wasn't intent on staying close to family here, I would have been gone long ago. I will never buy another SPFLD Armory, or ROCK River product again. I already dumped all of my Ruger and S&W firearms.

• Like 1

This was posted over on arfcom.  At this point I think it will take something dramatic to turn the tide that has risen against RRA.  I think they should declare they want nothing to do with the exemption and they will immediately leave IL if this law passes.

Originally Posted By RRAMODERATOR:
RRA's owner is at NRAAM in Atlanta, where he is meeting with a number of people about this. While many of the necessary people are in Atlanta, some are not which is complicating things.
RRA has been opposed to this bill (and earlier bills prior to it for more than a decade) and is still in 100% opposition to it. Both our exemption and the change in our lobbyist's position from "opposed" to "no position" were surprises to us. We found out after many of you, and have been trying to make sense of it since.
A statement will be forthcoming as soon as it is possible to make one that is accurate and complete. It may still come out today.
Thank you all for your consideration and to the many who have been willing to give us the benefit of the doubt.
Steve/RRA

• Like 1

After seeing the coordinated press releases from both companies today I'm not buying the "we didn't know" bullshit.

They tried to back door the citizens of IL by taking an exemption to the law in exchange for not standing against it.  Wink, wink.

Got caught. 

They played a stupid game.  And now they win stupid prizes.

Honestly I feel for the employees that are going to get fucked over this.  Owners and upper management, eat shit.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 2