Krebs Safety Selector

Looks like Krebs has stepped up and made a Vepr 12 Specific after market safety.

There was some back and forth as to wether or not their mark 6 work in the Vepr 12, and now they are offering a Vepr 12 specific product.

4range has em'

https://4range.com/product/vepr-12-shot ... 16183.html

I'll have one to play with soon! This is great for everyone that hates the factory extended safety or anyone that needs a replacement!

-V

I've had their normal AK safety on my square-back V12 for about 3 years now. Fit like a glove and the scratch lined up perfectly. With the bolt locked back by the LRBHO, it rides right in the charging handle groove. Pics of it on here somewhere. 

Edit; It was 2012 when I switched to a Krebs safety.

Heres a pic from '15....

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/96573-alternative-safety-lever-for-vepr-12/?hl=krebs&do=findComment&comment=1014506

If you have an ambidextrous safety V12, you're still shit out of luck when it comes to a Krebs piece.

Edited by Mullet Man

Thanks for the feedback, I remember pointing someone to your post actually that had asked. I'm not sure if something changed for the fixed tube gun, but Krebs themselves were telling people it wouldn't work.

I'll have one to play with soon. We'll see what the deal is. 

-V

Only thing I can think of is if someone has a V12 with ambidextrous safety, Krebs doesn't offer anything for those. The one in your link is the exact same piece I've had on mine for 5yrs now, It fits V12 and other AK variants, including Saigas depending on where you want the scratch to be.

Edit; Update with what you find. I'll bet dollars to donuts that its no different.

Edited by Mullet Man

Only thing I can think of is if someone has a V12 with ambidextrous safety, Krebs doesn't offer anything for those. The one in your link is the exact same piece I've had on mine for 5yrs now, It fits V12 and other AK variants, including Saigas depending on where you want the scratch to be.

Edit; Update with what you find. I'll bet dollars to donuts that its no different.

Will do Mullet. I think the key for the most common V12s is the replacement retaining plate that is provided. 

Ambi safety Veprs are far less common than the non ambi's. Sqaurebacks like yours are waaaaay less common.

The lever itself may very well be the same. I might give Krebs a call tomorrow and find out. 

-V

My guess is they (4range) combined it with their retaining plate and are marketing it as V12 specific because of the plate.

I reused my factory retaining plate in mine.

Edited by Mullet Man

The link says it's their specific V12 plate made by so and so company. That's what I was going by.

I can literally take one (safety) from any of my other AK's, 2 shotguns and 2 rifles (all have Krebs safety except my Yugo which only has the Krebs rivet on finger tab) and install it on any other AK of mine and it will function as intended.

Edited by Mullet Man

The scratch making dimples tend to be in different places. Krebs makes them with dimples placed to attempt to match the scratch you already have.

GunFun, on 03 May 2017 - 6:47 PM, said:

The scratch making dimples tend to be in different places. Krebs makes them with dimples placed to attempt to match the scratch you already have.

That they do.

The Saiga branded version is different than all the others. Aside from that, I haven't seen any difference, especially for it to be marketed as V12 specific. I have two MK6's, one on a V12 and one on a Bulgarian Arsenal SLR, I also have two of the Saiga versions (farther forward dimple location, FYI scratches don't line up on either of my Saigas) one on an S12 and one on an IZ132. Any one of those four safeties will interchange in any of those four AK's. The retainer plates are different from rifle to shotgun though in case someone didn't know that already.

I know that the Vepr 12 safety has material on the left side to keep the funky Vepr 12 retaining plate in place tucked under the carrier rail, since it does not have a loopty hole which engages the safety axis hole like most other AK's. 

looks like the shotgun plate uses the loopty hole but also fits under the vepr 12 longer carrier rail. 

-V

Edited by VforVandetta