Kalashnikov comes out with an AK "12 gauge" pump

We probably won't be seeing these in the US anytime soon, but its an interesting concept. 

Not sure just how familiar Yahoo news is with firearms, but the "shotgun" appears to be chambered in .223 Rem haha.gif

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/03a3dd02-a086-3e57-8026-8be976bb3f1c/ss_the-company-behind-the-ak-47.htm

• Like 2

Here is and AR for the old guys whose eyes are dimming.

http://www.tracking-point.com/

You should have said US old timers! wink.png

Still, I'm not blowing $10,000.00 on one any time soon.

That scope might be pretty damned nice on my 50 cal if it could be set up for it.

Edited by patriot
  • Like 1

Came across an unconverted Saiga 223 "shotgun" at the lgs today.  The tag was turned so I couldn't read the price.  I asked the clerk "How much for the unconverted Saiga?"  He goes, "Which one is that?".  So I helped him figure out which one it was...  It was $550 and in barely fired condition.  I was tempted but don't really want a 223.  I commented if it was a 5.45 I would take it.  The fudd behind the counter said, "Oh that ammo is next to impossible to find!"

Um, yeah.

Came across an unconverted Saiga 223 "shotgun" at the lgs today.  The tag was turned so I couldn't read the price.  I asked the clerk "How much for the unconverted Saiga?"  He goes, "Which one is that?".  So I helped him figure out which one it was...  It was $550 and in barely fired condition.  I was tempted but don't really want a 223.  I commented if it was a 5.45 I would take it.  The fudd behind the counter said, "Oh that ammo is next to impossible to find!"

Um, yeah.

Paid $300 for mine and after conversion it is still the best rifle in the safe and it shoots AR mags.

I would go for it.

Here is and AR for the old guys whose eyes are dimming.

http://www.tracking-point.com/

You should have said US old timers! ;)

Yes yes I guess I should have.

For $8900 an old guy like me better not miss with a gun like that

Um, yeah.

Paid $300 for mine and after conversion it is still the best rifle in the safe and it shoots AR mags.

I would go for it.

Already gots things that shoot 556 and use AR mags.  Don't wants AK that shoots 556 and uses AR mags.

• Like 1

I just posted this in the comments section:

It would be difficult to write an article worse than this.  There are NO facts, just numbers apparently pulled out of thin air. Here are some facts:

Parent case .223 Remington
Case type Rimless tapered, bottleneck
Bullet diameter 5.70 mm (0.224 in)
Neck diameter 6.43 mm (0.253 in)
Shoulder diameter 9.00 mm (0.354 in)
Base diameter 9.58 mm (0.377 in)
Rim diameter 9.60 mm (0.378 in)
Rim thickness 1.14 mm (0.045 in)
Case length 44.70 mm (1.760 in)
Overall length 57.40 mm (2.260 in)
Case capacity 1.85 cm3 (28.5 gr H2O)
Rifling twist 178 mm or 229 mm (1 in 7 in)
Primer type Small rifle
Maximum pressure (EPVAT) 430.00 MPa (62,366 psi)
Maximum pressure (SCATP 5.56) 380.00 MPa (55,114 psi)

His article gets "progressively" worse as it goes into geopolitik. 

As Mr. Bunny has said many time: What a maroon. The animator Chuck Jones (God rest his soul) knew more about firearms and ammunition that the author of this piece of outhouse reading.
  • Like 1

Um, yeah.

I would go for it.

Already gots things that shoot 556 and use AR mags.  Don't wants AK that shoots 556 and uses AR mags.

That cool I was just saying my 556 Saiga runs so well I never got and AR in 556.

9mm, 300 Blackout is what I run on an AR platform at the moment.

A semi-automatic pump 223 shotgun...

My brain hurts.

First thing I noticed too. Maybe they copied the SPAS, lol.

Don't wants AK that shoots 556 and uses AR mags.

Exactly how I feel.

Just makes so much more sense to use an AR and enjoy that modularity and aftermarket support. I let the AR do AR things and the AK do AK things. Boring but it works.

Um, yeah.

I would go for it.

Already gots things that shoot 556 and use AR mags without having to manually cycle them.  Don't wants AK that I have to manually cycle, shoots 556 and uses AR mags.

I have absolutely no desire for a pump action anything, none. If I did it would be for someone else to use.

• Like 1

Wow.

California has been turning AKs into "shotguns" for years.

I can't wait to shoot birdshot in 5.56/.223! It could drop a whole crowd!

The BusinesInsider is just rough toilet paper.

For some reason I pictured a Saiga-12 chambered in 5.56.

That made me laugh!

Edited by Sim_Player

More nitwitness news!

There was a time when 'reporters' made it their business to report the facts, in a clear and concise manner. Now we get nitwits that can BARELY articulate a coherent thought in their semi literate rambling rants!

More nitwitness news!

There was a time when 'reporters' made it their business to report the facts, in a clear and concise manner. Now we get nitwits that can BARELY articulate a coherent thought in their semi literate rambling rants!

They spend more time speculating and injecting their views into a matter than reporting the facts that surround it. We need to find ways to starve them until they snap out of it or step aside for those who may have a shred of integrity.

Now the "news" is three paragraphs on WHY you should be OUTRAGED - with a single sentence near the end telling WHAT they think you should be outraged by!

Give me the FACTS - I will draw MY OWN conclusions thank you! I do not 'the nonsensical ravings of a lunatic mind' as a preamble to whatever story that is supposed to be "news".There are few NEWS sources anymore, most are just George Sorros's political agenda.