• 07FFL / 2SOT

• Company Name:

evlutionz LLC

• Company Website:
    evlutionz.com
  • Contact Email:

evl@evlutionz.com

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:32 AM

Just saw this on another forum. Atlantic Firearms has a few of the Kalashnikov USA Saiga-12 copies and will start testing soon. I just realized that Atlantic is no longer a vendor here (appears that way, at least) and if there is an issue with me posting this info, please simply delete it. I thought it was good news for the community. If they are around $900 or less and decent, it should be a great deal for a Saiga 12 that doesn't need to be unsporterized. Let's hope...

• Netpackrat and YOT like this

Prodigy.... an unusual accomplishment.

OETpxqr.png?2

Federally Licensed Firearm Manufacturer

#2 ec4321

ec4321

Чеви сосет

• PipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:21 PM

Looking forward to any feedback on them.

if someone was having a Evl build done  - would it be better to start with a russian S12 sporter or one of these?

ATF Tech Branch Letterhttp://i.imgur.com/h9wxb5t.png

Question: Can a permanently attached muzzle attachment which brings the length of a rifle barrel to 16 inches or greater be removed and immediately replaced with a muzzle attachment of a different design?

Answer: Yes, provided that the replacement is performed expeditiously, that the new attachment is of sufficient length to allow the resulting barrel to measure greater than 16 inches in length, and the method of attachment meets ATF guidelines for permanent attachment. 

#3 evlblkwpnz

evlblkwpnz

6.5" S12 and 7" V12

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,911 posts
  • FFL_Verified
  • 07FFL / 2SOT

• Company Name:

evlutionz LLC

• Company Website:
    evlutionz.com
  • Contact Email:

evl@evlutionz.com

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:58 PM

If the metalurgy of the US is equal to the Russian, then the US would be a better starting point since no conversion related work is required. There would be a reduction in price for wpnz grade and evl grade builds.

• GunFun likes this

OETpxqr.png?2

#4 GunFun

GunFun

Apparently, guy who has made way too many posts.

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,237 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 05:26 PM

How do you determine if it is up to spec? Simply hammering a bunch of turkey loads through it, until something breaks?

Or something a little more precise such as taking the parts to a welding shop (or heat treat facility) with xray and rockwell hardness testers? 

I bet kissing each part with a hardness file set like this: https://www.amazon.c...t/dp/B001CTI7TE would be informative. I know I've seen sets for about half that somewhere or other too, if you want to do some quick searching. That could tell you things that a few hundred dollars in ammo wouldn't. Though, I am sure you would want to do heavy ammo testing too.

#5 evlblkwpnz

evlblkwpnz

6.5" S12 and 7" V12

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,911 posts
  • FFL_Verified
  • 07FFL / 2SOT

• Company Name:

evlutionz LLC

• Company Website:
    evlutionz.com
  • Contact Email:

evl@evlutionz.com

Posted 05 June 2017 - 10:11 PM

If it is a turd it won't take long to figure it out by firing it. People who buy guns and don't shoot them much or at all have allowed many manufacturers to simply throw something at the wall, see if it sticks, and get away with it since most buyers will not run things hard or hard enough to break them. Hopefully, they are building for shooters.

OETpxqr.png?2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users