Kalashnikov USA finally shipping Saiga 12

"Do any of yall run recoil buffers on your rigs/do you recommend them?"

We don't usually install them unless a customer specifically requests it, and this is exceedingly rare.

Black Jack buffers are primarily sold as a recoil reducer, and for that purpose they aren't effective at all. 

What they are effective for is preventing your bolt carrier from hammering and deforming your rear trunnion.

If your gun is tuned properly for the ammo you're shooting, you probably don't need one. 

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Not a lot of information/review of the ks12 so I rolled the dice and purchased one via atlantic."   Have had one for six months. Rebuilt the same gun, and thoroughly range tested this gun, and many

Just saw this on another forum. Atlantic Firearms has a few of the Kalashnikov USA Saiga-12 copies and will start testing soon. I just realized that Atlantic is no longer a vendor here (appears that w

Got mine today. Looks good 

Posted Images

On 8/9/2018 at 5:32 PM, Veprz said:

I got them on the phone today and spoke with a salesman. He said they will have parts availible at some point but they are not availible now. I mentioned that having carriers, bolts and magazines availible for sale would be great for them considering how many      S-12's and clones are out there and utilize the same parts and mags. He agreed, not suprisingly. They could be making money selling parts to people that dont even own a KS-12, its a no brainer. Think about how much $$$ glocks making selling just magazines? With all the different carbines that take glock mags.

The guy said the parts will be for sale on their website once theyre availible, and also said not to expect them for 6+ months from now.

yep, i wish they would sell a virgin trunnion so we could do an AWS spets-12 ( https://www.classicfirearms.com/sds-imports-aws-spets-12-gauge-firearm-shotgun/ ). 

4 hours ago, faststang90 said:

It’s the factory 10 round one. I took it to the range today.  I just put 5 slugs in it and it fired them all no problem. 

Cool. They look good. Do they have any metal reinforcements? Is there any info where they are made, or by whom? Is the floor plate steel? 

Edited by Mullet Man
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I put about 200-250 slugs and around 500 rounds of low brass through mine since last update. Nothing terribly concerning so far...really curious to see more. I guess I am a little spoiled coming from shooting a shitty glock and cheapo psa armalite...i'm almost regularly putting thousands of rounds through these firearms with zero issues or caveats. I hope everything works out because I'm not looking for a trailer queen. On a positive note, the gas system has been easy to maintain using automotive anti-seize.

It's been 5+ years since I've owned a saiga. I never had any issues with it, though at that time I was almost exclusively shooting low brass ammunition. My .308 was nice too, but costed a lot to shoot. 5.56 pistols are fun for the money in my opinion. 

lol'ing at the guy who said he shot 5 rounds through his. Why?

Edited by usdmatt

the only reason 5 is because that's all that comes in the box of 5. I don't go to that range much and slugs are all they will let you use. I just wanted to see if it would fire all ammo. the only ammo I have not tried is the big box of 100 that Walmart sells.  its a bird shot 100 rounds for like 21.00 

i emailed k-usa the other day about spare parts.  they say maybe in the future.... the ones availabel on their site arent all  that useful.  i want bolts,carriers, gas blocks, trunnions etc

glad folks liking these.  price isnt bad, and its better than the 3rd world s-hole clones

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/7/2018 at 8:23 PM, Mullet Man said:

Cool. They look good. Do they have any metal reinforcements? Is there any info where they are made, or by whom? Is the floor plate steel? 

They have a steel shim around the lip of the mag. Mined just popped off at about 1000rds on oem mag. 

I've filed-to-fit my sgm mag and it runs pretty good. Probably 97-98% of the time no FTF. I feel I can do better but still, it's not bad. Perhaps if i apply superglue or JB weld to the oem metal shim, it will stay on mag?  lol

Edited by usdmatt
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...