Kalashnikov USA finally shipping Saiga 12

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Not a lot of information/review of the ks12 so I rolled the dice and purchased one via atlantic."   Have had one for six months. Rebuilt the same gun, and thoroughly range tested this gun, and many

Just saw this on another forum. Atlantic Firearms has a few of the Kalashnikov USA Saiga-12 copies and will start testing soon. I just realized that Atlantic is no longer a vendor here (appears that w

Got mine today. Looks good 

Posted Images

12 hours ago, faststang90 said:

has any tried a 3 inch shell in these guns ?

I've ran several boxes of 3". Coincidentally mine had previously bent the rivets on the rear trunnion while firing a 3" shell (read back on thread for more info).

While firing low brass target loads yesterday, handguard bolt broke in half on gas block. Anybody know what threads these are because it looks like I'm going to have to drill out and re-tap. Not ideal but...20190507_20353222.jpg.255387ab3a8262c613d17c612ed2f5ba.jpg

Edited by usdmatt
On 5/23/2018 at 7:49 AM, Lone Star Arms said:

So far, every KS-12 I've worked with has been top notch. I've got one with several thousand rounds through it at this point, and the gun runs beautifully. Still very impressed.

My round count is approximately 1500-2000rds at this time. Firearm was purchased just under 1.5 years ago. Minus time spent on the warranty turn around time (just 2 days over 3 months), firearm has been in my possession about 15 months. Obviously I don't get to shoot it much. 

Edited by usdmatt
  • 2 weeks later...

I bought a Komrad last Friday, I ran it over the weekend. It ran through 00 buckshot, #4 buckshot, 2 3/4" and 3" slugs no problem. It would not cycle the Walmart bird shot. It pounded my shoulder but I was hitting 6" steel targets at 50 yards with the slugs from a standing position. I am quite happy with it so far.

I think I need to change the gas plug and puck to see if I can get it to run the cheap ammo.

On 5/8/2019 at 11:57 PM, usdmatt said:

While firing low brass target loads yesterday, handguard bolt broke in half on gas block. Anybody know what threads these are because it looks like I'm going to have to drill out and re-tap. Not ideal but...

M4 x 0.70 mm Thread.  Mcmaster part number: 92137A303 can work if you don't use the sling swivel.

If you can't use a pick to spin it out I'd press off the GB and drill it all the way out then press it back on.  It's very easy to press off.  Just make sure to mark how far to press it back before you press it off so the pin channel is aligned when you press it back on.

On 5/8/2019 at 8:57 PM, usdmatt said:

While firing low brass target loads yesterday, handguard bolt broke in half on gas block. Anybody know what threads these are because it looks like I'm going to have to drill out and re-tap. Not ideal but...

Seems like you could cut a slot in it with a dremel and use a screwdriver

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2019 at 6:51 PM, bill420247 said:

I bought a Komrad last Friday, I ran it over the weekend. It ran through 00 buckshot, #4 buckshot, 2 3/4" and 3" slugs no problem. It would not cycle the Walmart bird shot. It pounded my shoulder but I was hitting 6" steel targets at 50 yards with the slugs from a standing position. I am quite happy with it so far.

I think I need to change the gas plug and puck to see if I can get it to run the cheap ammo.

Sounds like it's running good so far ! I have to say this firearm is such a soft shooter from a standing position. It loves slugs, and so do I. 

Edited by usdmatt