evlblkwpnz

Kalashnikov USA finally shipping Saiga 12

On 5/23/2018 at 11:15 PM, usdmatt said:

I agree 100%. I filled out their requested forms and am now currently awaiting their reply. Will keep yall updated.

Any news? 

On the subject of the KS-12. I will be testing one for about the next three test sessions I have to see if I can find anything wring with it before making a 6.5" evl grade out of it. It will be the shortest great running KS-12 in existence ;)

20 hours ago, evlblkwpnz said:

On the subject of the KS-12. I will be testing one for about the next three test sessions I have to see if I can find anything wring with it before making a 6.5" evl grade out of it. It will be the shortest great running KS-12 in existence ;)

Please post up your findings! This KS-12 looks real promising and may be the next best thing to a Russian S-12? If this turns out to be the case, then the sanctions really havent changed anything as far as S-12 availibity is concerned. Where theres demand..the gaps will be filled by those wanting to make $$$

The ejector block is riveted in, its not something youre gonna swap out in the field..if you can even find one. About your only chance of getting a spare is finding someone parting out a S-12.

The S-12 parts diagram doesnt even list it as a part.

https://www.cornellpubs.com/diva/divaPOP/divaPOPgold_img.htm?i=https://www.cornellpubs.com/Images4/saiga-semis.jpg&c=&a=Saiga Semi-Automatic Firearms Manual, EAA Corp.&h=1&n=1&x=&s=15

According to the parts diagram, it looks like it is considered integral to the reciever assembly. 

I have only heard of an issue with the ejector block one time only..and it was caused by a screw up while the guy was trying to "mod" the ejector block. I believe he was trying to manufacture a full auto post sample, and ended up breaking off a tap in the ejector block. 

R&R targets used to sell aftermarket complete bolts and carriers but they have been sold out for some time now and when I asked they did not seem motivated to do another run. Damn shame. They obviously have drawings and cad files etc to at least reproduce complete bolts and carriers including extractors, firing pin & striker etc. 

If I remember correctly they wanted to focus on their own design, which Im not a fan of personally. It reminds me of a aluminum version of a keltec, where the reciever is split in two halves down the length and held  together with screws. The pricing is VERY HIGH as well. Talk about a truly limited market..compared to the many S-12/V-12/clones in owners hands as we speak and still more availible for sale. Even new in box S-12's and V-12's.

One thing is for certain..nobody wants their S-12/V-12 to become a expensive paperweight, somebody with the means just needs to step up and be willing to take our money. Honestly if spare parts were availible I believe tons more Saiga/Vepr rifles and shotguns would have been sold, even if they were quality aftermarket parts. 

Edited by Veprz

Extractors can last a very long time if nothing stupid has been done to the weapon. 

I left a voicemail at KalUSA today re: available bolts, carriers, springs, etc.  and to confirm they are interchangeable with our S12.

• Thanks 1

Edited: Meant to reply to a different topic.

Edited by Lone Star Arms

9 hours ago, kwesi said:

I left a voicemail at KalUSA today re: available bolts, carriers, springs, etc.  and to confirm they are interchangeable with our S12.

Reeeeaaaaallllyyy?....very interesting! Your talking about K-USA (as in the manufacturer of the KS-12)?

I have been too busy to have a really good look at the parts on this KS-12 compared to a Saiga-12. I may do a little part swapping when I start testing the KS-12. I do have one non-relocated  Saiga-12 that I keep forgetting that I have. I can compare it directly to the KS-12 and swap to see how things feel and work. It was the one in my first 100, 200, and 300 round dump videos when doing work for others was but a twinkle in my eye.

11 hours ago, evlblkwpnz said:

I have been too busy to have a really good look at the parts on this KS-12 compared to a Saiga-12. I may do a little part swapping when I start testing the KS-12. I do have one non-relocated  Saiga-12 that I keep forgetting that I have. I can compare it directly to the KS-12 and swap to see how things feel and work. It was the one in my first 100, 200, and 300 round dump videos when doing work for others was but a twinkle in my eye.

That would be valuable data and much appreciated.

On 8/7/2018 at 7:22 PM, Veprz said:

Reeeeaaaaallllyyy?....very interesting! Your talking about K-USA (as in the manufacturer of the KS-12)?

Yes.  No return call.

14 minutes ago, kwesi said:

Yes.  No return call.

I got them on the phone today and spoke with a salesman. He said they will have parts availible at some point but they are not availible now. I mentioned that having carriers, bolts and magazines availible for sale would be great for them considering how many      S-12's and clones are out there and utilize the same parts and mags. He agreed, not suprisingly. They could be making money selling parts to people that dont even own a KS-12, its a no brainer. Think about how much $$$ glocks making selling just magazines? With all the different carbines that take glock mags.

The guy said the parts will be for sale on their website once theyre availible, and also said not to expect them for 6+ months from now.

Edited by Veprz

Sounds like they may be drinking from the fire hydrant. I can identify with that. Things go so fast that it is hard to devote time and resources to other things.

On 7/27/2018 at 10:59 AM, Veprz said:

Any news? 

I let time get away from me working overtime and purchasing some furniture etc. I mailed out the firearm on 7/20 and apparently there was an issue delivering the package and it sat at the post office for 3 weeks. However, earlier i received confirmation from KUSA that the package has arrived. Will post update !

21 hours ago, usdmatt said:

I let time get away from me working overtime and purchasing some furniture etc. I mailed out the firearm on 7/20 and apparently there was an issue delivering the package and it sat at the post office for 3 weeks. However, earlier i received confirmation from KUSA that the package has arrived. Will post update !

Thats good news! At least they are taking it in, hopefully they will get you right.