evlblkwpnz

Kalashnikov USA finally shipping Saiga 12

"Do any of yall run recoil buffers on your rigs/do you recommend them?"

We don't usually install them unless a customer specifically requests it, and this is exceedingly rare.

Black Jack buffers are primarily sold as a recoil reducer, and for that purpose they aren't effective at all. 

What they are effective for is preventing your bolt carrier from hammering and deforming your rear trunnion.

If your gun is tuned properly for the ammo you're shooting, you probably don't need one. 

I used to run one years ago.. caused cycling issues.. threw it away..

• Like 1

i agree, the bolt shouldnt even kiss the rear trunion under fired recoil.

no buffers

I have mixed results with BJB's. A couple of builds with mixed parts, and an occasional factory gun run better with them. Other guns do not like them. Just a cheap tuning tool for me.

• Like 1

If the rest of them are like the one I have here, they run great right out of the box. 2-3/4 dram loads in stick mags.

• Like 1

It’s the factory 10 round one. I took it to the range today.  I just put 5 slugs in it and it fired them all no problem. 

Edited by faststang90
Spelling

On 8/9/2018 at 5:32 PM, Veprz said:

I got them on the phone today and spoke with a salesman. He said they will have parts availible at some point but they are not availible now. I mentioned that having carriers, bolts and magazines availible for sale would be great for them considering how many      S-12's and clones are out there and utilize the same parts and mags. He agreed, not suprisingly. They could be making money selling parts to people that dont even own a KS-12, its a no brainer. Think about how much $$$ glocks making selling just magazines? With all the different carbines that take glock mags.

The guy said the parts will be for sale on their website once theyre availible, and also said not to expect them for 6+ months from now.

yep, i wish they would sell a virgin trunnion so we could do an AWS spets-12 ( https://www.classicfirearms.com/sds-imports-aws-spets-12-gauge-firearm-shotgun/ ). 

4 hours ago, faststang90 said:

It’s the factory 10 round one. I took it to the range today.  I just put 5 slugs in it and it fired them all no problem. 

Cool. They look good. Do they have any metal reinforcements? Is there any info where they are made, or by whom? Is the floor plate steel? 

Edited by Mullet Man

On 11/12/2018 at 10:13 AM, spicoli said:

No metal reinforcements in the Kalashnikov-USA mags. Quite a shame.

it looks to have the metal feed lip spring, like AGP mags

Mine wont cycle winchester super x 00 buckshot on gas setting 1. Been eating slugs though...been through 100-150 slugs since I received it back from warranty. 

So run it on setting #2. It isn't about the type of shot, it is about the energy level of the shell. If it won't run it on the restricted setting, open the restriction up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/20/2018 at 3:51 PM, gunfun said:

So run it on setting #2. It isn't about the type of shot, it is about the energy level of the shell. If it won't run it on the restricted setting, open the restriction up.

I did, and it ran fine on #2. Just sharing result. 

• Like 1