LEE COUNTY, Fla. -

If you're a concealed weapon permit holder, your information could be in danger after a statewide hack.

The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services says the data breach affects more than 16,000 people and some social security numbers may be at risk.

"It's a little nerve-racking to know that it happened here in Florida," said Evelyn Greenway.

Officials say people with concealed weapons licenses who renewed online may have had their names accessed. An additional 469 others have been notified their social security numbers may have been hacked.

"Somebody knows this house has weapons in it; burglars might look at that as a target," said Ronald Michalkewicz.

The state says the breach occurred through the online payment system, but the hackers didn't obtain financial information

Agriculture Commissioner Adam Putnam, who's running for governor in 2018, has ordered a comprehensive review of the department's cybersecurity systems.

Permit holders who may have been affected are being told to call 1-800-350-1119 for assistance.

Coming home from work yesterday when the wife called me and said that some files had been hacked from the dept of agriculture CCW site.

I told her not to worry about her information as she did not reapply on line.

" Same crap different day"

We all know it was Trump and the Russians

Edited by jerry52

Coming home from work yesterday when the wife called me and said that some files had been hacked from the dept of agriculture CCW site.

The wife and I didn't apply on line either but all the information is still in their data base.

I'm not overly concerned but I will be checking my bank and credit card statements a little closer for a while.

Fucking government can't maintain a secure system if their lives depended on it.

Edited by DaveM

The wife and I didn't apply on line either but all the information is still in their data base.

I'm not overly concerned but I will be checking my bank and credit card statements a little closer for a while.

Fucking government can't maintain a secure system if their lives depended on it.

You got that right

e

my shit was hacked in NY, i dont give two shits, i can still shoot your through the ront door

oh man, i gotta fart....hang on a sec.... LOL

i dont give two shits. if you are threatenin me outside the house, and i believe you are a threat to me or my property, i can open fire on you through the front door here.

you all go have fun where you are with that. and im gonna fart on you

Edited by Ben Vampatella

especially if i have a witness,,,AND if you are still moving, i percive that as a threat

bang.

you ghuys have disrespected me for a long time, and im going away now....have fuckin fun

you may not wanna fuck with me, i been ripped off, robbed, etc, this is my actual departure. youguys have fun. ill see you later.

IF you follow me....IFF....ill handle your dumb asses. you stupid fucks owe me anyway. I wanna walk away.

hey, dont some of you owe me a few bucks? LOL

Edited by Ben Vampatella

especially if i have a witness,,,AND if you are still moving, i percive that as a threat

bang.

you ghuys have disrespected me for a long time, and im going away now....have fuckin fun

you may not wanna fuck with me, i been ripped off, robbed, etc, this is my actual departure. youguys have fun. ill see you later.

IF you follow me....IFF....ill handle your dumb asses. you stupid fucks owe me anyway. I wanna walk away.

wat.jpg

This might be an odd question, but I have to wonder: Why the hell is the Department of Agriculture handling CCW stuff?

Because it is the gun shine state!

Because cows love to shoot!

Because the Tampa Rays suck!

Because gun powder is organic!

Because I have to work 6 1/2 days a week!

Heck I do not know! And I live here. "Wait ! What was the question"?

bang.

Ben?

bang.

If you always perceive yourself as a victim, you will never be a victor. Let it all go, move forward, and live the rest of your days happy. Every word you have spoken about these wrongs has profited you nothing and all of that focus and effort is in vain. Nothing good has come of it and nothing ever will. If you decide to stay hung up on all of this stuff, you will never decide to be happy in spite of all of it. I would have so many good excuses for going through life butthurt if I wanted to play the victim, but I just keep pressing forward and decide to be happy regardless of what happens. In that mindset, I am a winner and most definitely a victor over my defeats. If you don't mind, none of it matters. Decide to be happy. It really is that simple.

You know the good things you have done and you own those memories. No one can take them, but you cannot make others appreciate them like you do. They are yours. You do not need payment or recognition to be happy about your efforts and your legacy here. All of what we have toiled for will be forgotten soon enough after we pass and the memories of other people will be but a scratch on the surface of what our efforts and lives were really about. If this life pisses you off and disappoints you, work diligently and happily toward the next life. At the end of your days, the reality of the worth of money, worldly success, recognition for efforts, and the value of worldly possessions will come clear, Christian or not. You will take none of it with you. Happiness is just a decision and I will take it with me, take it with you.

Ben, I challenge you to let it all go, put a smile on your face, and press forward doing whatever it is that truly makes you happy. Decide...

• Like 5

if a subcontractor handles firearms serial #s, then the BATF can say all day that they dont keep the records....how the F do you think they know to ask you when they come to your house?

get your heads outta your asses...

check who is paying the background check company

• Like 1

this is me having left.....

this website will always be my pet, thats kind of a nonissue with me...

however, I dont register my firearms any longer, and i dont give much of a damn about it.

if thats how it is, thats how it is. do you require me to register my nail guns or my hammers or anything? cause i aint doing that either.

(hello to my fan club, im not gone win or lose, just here a lot less)

im not some tacticool dude or any of that crap, i actually have lived this my life. you dont like me, FINE. fuck off. you wanna be cordial with me? fine too, i might have information to trade with you.

the point is, this is me not giving a shit.

...but i aint leaving completely. i put too much time and effort into this to do that, so get over it.

Edited by Ben Vampatella

I know people are concerned with the background checks, but the only way even the ATF actually knows make, model, caliber, and serial number is if they come to look at the books in person. unless something stupid has been going on with a specific acquisition or disposition, I think they are not allowed by law to record any of it. None of that info is given at the time of FDLE check, just type (long gun, hand gun, or other) and how many. Now, if there is a multiple handgun sale, then all of the info is provided to local CLEO and ATF. Besides, for all they know you sold it/them off in a private FTF sale and kept no record of it. Around here, at least, I'm not sure many of the ATF guys and gals really give half a hoot what we have as long as it isn't illegal and we don't do anything illegal with it.

i am not on the list. LOL. i have taken great care to preseve my shit man.....im not on the list

and btw i wanna say hello to mike....

you guys have at it.

for clarity - nobody will be able to name a serial # or weapon that i own, which is good, but i can defend myself. THEY know im armed, im OK with that. what and where i got it aint none of thier buisness. we are all on the same side anyway.....

neither the police or the private sector has any clue what i have in the house, and ive always kept it that way since i was a child, and i was taught that.

if its needed, i have it, otherwise fuck off, basically

edit to add - you guys with your rules nowadays make me laugh

if you need me, I will be there. I give you my word.

Edited by Ben Vampatella

Ben if you have a CCW you are on the list of people who have such permit.

A few people got their information of that list hacked. You could be hacked if you if you renewed your permit on line.

It has nothing to do with your guns. NOTHING!

do you see me on it? LOL. man, i need to take a shit.....i aint hacked.

i can still dump you in a hole in the lake here. what is this proving?

you folks should hack the liberals some more or something. this is funny, really

I just c hecked everything, nah, you are funny. i am more than secure here,

literally, i just checked everything. you have fun. you aint gettgn shit

the only thing you have is my name, and i see when you type it in, so have fun

Edited by Ben Vampatella

e

my shit was hacked in NY, i dont give two shits, i can still shoot your through the ront door

oh man, i gotta fart....hang on a sec.... LOL

i dont give two shits. if you are threatenin me outside the house, and i believe you are a threat to me or my property, i can open fire on you through the front door here.

you all go have fun where you are with that. and im gonna fart on you

This sounds like a bad idea, if I where you I'd suggest consulting with an attorney before you attempt this....

Do you live in a rural area? How far is the police department from your home?, more then 10 minutes? If you do get charged then you might be able to use the defense of a ruling by the 4th District Court of Appeals judge Polan: that NO ONE has a right for police protection, he used the SCOUTS ruling of time expectation of NYC, which was/is an act of treason because that ruling had nothing to do with police protection.

Now if you are outside and he advances towards you and you FEAR FOR YOUR LIFE then you can open fire, this is called the No Retreat Law which is valid on your property and on public property.

Be careful with the decisions that you make they may bite you in the ass.