People with so much talent at times piss it al away on drugs and booze.

This was his problem and destroyed his liver having to get a new one.

Married 6 times! Looked drunk at his hall of fame induction,just a shame.

His two brother were no better.

I really am amazed he lasted this long.

Hepatitis C was what kicked him to the curb and the anti rejection drugs finished him off.

Rest in peace Greg to bad to bad.

Temptation is a Gun

By Gregg Allman, Cain, Schon
Copyright 1994 Sony Music Entertainment, Inc

Like the hopeful dreams of many
He had everything and more
A lovely wife and children
All the things worth fighting for

He knows, there was still
Still, something missing in his life

Though he promised to be faithful
He was good at telling lies
He had an eye for young girls
He would steal some on the side
Oh no, he just could not be satisfied

It's a game of all or nothing
There is nowhere safe to run
Someone might just pull the trigger
Cause temptation is a gun

He met her at a night club
On the other side of town
Somehow he could not resist her
She's the best he'd ever found
She knows, she found her ticket to the other side

His foolish ways seem harmless
But his world was so divine
Cause at home they know his secrets
They've heard all his alibis
As he tries to face his feelings
He can't justify his crimes
Now comes the final ending
Of the dreams he once held sacred deep inside

He can kiss it all good-bye

Oh, ummmm, ya baby
Ahhhh temptation is a gun
Temptation is a gun
All or nothing, all or nothing

• Like 2

He should have had Keith Richard's doctor! (HELL, I want Keith Richards Doctor!)

Nothing to do with the doctor, Keith apparently nailed the perfect chemical combination to preserve his internal organs and brain at some point. He may have accidentally replicated an ancient Egyptian formula for preservation by other chemical means. I can see it now... snort 1.4 ounces of oil based coke, inject 2 grams of heroin, eat 33 hits of acid, 13 Bayer Aspirin, and down an 18 pack of Natural Light to take the edge off. He is a true testament to how much chemical abuse the human body and mind can handle. It wouldn't surprise me if he had a few nights like that. He looks and sounds like he has been to the edge and beyond, a lot, lol. When Keith kicks it, it will most definitely be big news.

• Like 2

I thought he died long ago,  so to hear he had recently died was a shock.

Hello

You may be thinking of his more talented brother, Duane (The artist responsible for the beautiful, lilting, bottleneck guitar lines on "Layla" from Derek and the Dominoes, often erroneously credited to Eric Clapton)

-Guido in TX

Had the pleasure of seeing Gregg Allman open up for Stevie Ray Vaughn around 1988.

One great show

Hello

I was fortunate to have seen the original Allman Bros. (with Duane Allman and Barry Oakley) on the 4th of July weekend in 1970 at the Atlanta Pop Festival when I was 14.

It has been heralded as their first "national" gig, being 5 months prior to their magnificent "Live at the Fillmore East" recording around Christmas of that same year, as I recall. I have been a rabid Allman Bros. fan ever since, particularly the original band with those two members mentioned above.

That festival also marked Jimi Hendrix' last big American concert, he fittingly performed on Saturday night, July 4th.

To anybody who may have misconceptions about Jimi, who was a Vet, he encouraged the audience to stand up prior to tearing into a fire-breathing version of "The Star-Spangled Banner."

I will never forget......

-Guido in TX

Money and fame ruin lives, nothing new about that. Careful what you chase

Knew of these these guys as a kid mostly through cousins when they were doing the Allman Joys thing, but never saw them again until after the Fillmore concerts as the Allman Bros.

Back then the South was kind of the worlds largest small town and family stretched across the region.

They were not bad kids, bit wild yeah who wasn't but mostly music and motorcycles... and girls heh

Been kind of sad trip for them, should have stuck to motorcycles... but then we would not have Whipping Post

Edited by Rhodes1968

Money and fame ruin lives, nothing new about that. Careful what you chase

Knew of these these guys as a kid mostly through cousins when they were doing the Allman Joys thing, but never saw them again until after the Fillmore concerts as the Allman Bros.

Back then the South was kind of the worlds largest small town and family stretched across the region.

They were not bad kids, bit wild yeah who wasn't but mostly music and motorcycles... and girls heh

Been kind of sad trip for them, should have stuck to motorcycles... but then we would not have Whipping Post

Hello

Well, it seems motorbikes were not a wise choice for either Duane or Barry. If I'm not mistaken, they both crashed their Harleys into the same tree, almost exactly a year apart.

Many people speculated that while Duane's accident truly was one, Barry's mishap may have been not so accidental......

-Guido in TX