Used to be amember on here but probably got axed due to inactivity.  Wife and kids took a huge bite out of shooting.

I bought a several saigas probably 1998-1999 timeframe, 7.62x389, 7.62x51 and 12 gauge.  I went ahead and slapped in conversion parts for both rifles and bought some pipe for the 7.62x39 but never got around to it.  Last fall I finally bought a bullet guide kit and installed it.  I also had a wasr10 which I restored from an aku94 bullpup kit about a month ago.  So sunday before last I finally test fired both 7.62x39's, then handed the saiga to my 14 yro daughter for a while and then to my wife for a few rounds.

About 5 or 6 years ago I sold the 12 gauge to a guy at church.  A concersion never felt right for he saiga 12 and I'm just not a shotgun guy in general.  I gave him screaming deal on it.

Looks like I need to fill in some receiver holes on the 7.62x39...

http://imgur.com/a/6klQx

Seems I can't upload attachments, getting server errors...

Edited by bnolsen

Back in the old days the way to add a bullet guide was to buy some steel gas pipe, chop it in half lengthwise, notch it and drill and tap or silver solder it in.  I just donated the pipe to habitat for humanity.

Edited by bnolsen
  • Like 1
bnolsen, on 13 Jun 2017 - 10:48 PM, said:bnolsen, on 13 Jun 2017 - 10:48 PM, said:

Back in the old days the way to add a bullet guide was to buy some steel gas pipe, chop it in half lengthwise, notch it and drill and tap or silver solder it in.  I just donated the pipe to habitat for humanity.

I thought that's what you meant but wasn't quite sure.....

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/45802-home-made-bullet-guide/?hl=%2Bbullet+%2Bguide

So ghetto but 7-8yrs later and I'm still using my home made pipe nipple bullet guide. wink.png

Edited by Mullet Man