USS Fitzgerald Collision with Container Ship.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

2 things.    This was no accident.  A container ship doesn't make wild maneuvers like that.   I'm embarassed that the crew of a US destroyer allowed their ship to be rammed by a goddamn container

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-40310563   Read the article and look at the tracking maps for the container ship. It made some VERY unusual U-turns in the middle of busy shipping lanes, then stru

Patience and hope for the truth not propaganda

What is worse here?  The second bad collision of one of our nifty fast manoeuvrable zero to 30kts in 3 minutes Burke class destroyers getting T Boned by an OIL TANKER?

Or the immediate, (like considered before the fact) several day stand down of our 7th fleet?  Which is worse?  Are all the various brass and ship commanders singing in tune?

Someone here on this Forum Topic hit the nail on the head?  Is this a Mutiny by other means?  Is our Navy sending a strong message to Trump?  Or another message elsewhere?

Yikes and yikes!  :(

Like Daniel Tosh would (most likely) point out, I bet a female Asian Naval officer was at the wheel. laugh.png

Or helm, or whatever it's called.  I know someone will step up and correct me. :rolleyes:

Edited by Gaddis
  • Like 1

If memory serves, the wheel is the physical wheel, lever, knob, or button one turns to change rudder positions.  The Helm is the area immediately to and adjacent including the wheel.  The Helm is more of a physical representation.  The wheel is the actual gadget?  Some help here please.

• Like 1

I fear that the problem is POLITICIZATION of the Military, the previous Administration had made great strides in turning the Nations War Fighters into "Rainbow warriors". All this stand down talk and accountability is just going to 'harsh their mellow', and we will hear how Trump is making the snowflakes feel scary! Mommies will call him evil for not giving their kids 'participation trophies' for just being there (or in the Hospital on the military dollar getting an 'addadicktome', or a 'vaginization'.!

This is NOT a rant against the rainbow bunch, it is QUESTION : What business has the US Military have getting into this shit?

Time to separate the Military from this social engineering fiasco they have been on for the last 8 years!

• Like 1

How the fuck is it that a guided missile destroyer has no counter measures that keeps something like this from happening in this day and age. There should be absolutely no reason why anything should be able to get, or be headed in the path of a ship with that kind of weaponry without some type of failsafe in place to protect or evade it. This whole thing is mind blowing to me with the end result being 7 dead crew members, and the whole incident making our technology look feeble and weak. Someone really needs to get their  head out of their ass. I really would like to know the series of events that allows this to happen as do the families of the dead sailors.

• Like 2

I suspect China hacked the tanker's navigation systems (made in China?)

No fingerprints and the US Navy would never fire on a civilian vessel, unless they fired first.

Good officers will be thrown under the bus to protect the narrative that we are safe.

Edited by Sim_Player

Even our everyday driver vehicles have proximity warnings... Should be nothing to have a ship of that price point have a similar detection system and ability to override control and perform evasive maneuvers just like our cars can brake, or park themselves

If anyone is AWAKE on our Destroyers, then there is NO WAY IN HELL to use freighters and cargo ships to ram them!!!!!!!!

That is like trying to chase down a dirt bike with bulldozer - not gonna happen!

Whatever is going on is an INTERNAL problem, and WE BETTER FIX IT QUICKLY!