What in the heck is a Cheetah?

so, what is this thing for 600 bucks? 

Cheetah Model CH12HF.

from centerfire systems.  looks sorta like a Saiga or the Turkish ones. Must a re-badged something or another but can't figure it out.  Comes with the pistol grip.

https://www.centerfiresystems.com/p-9511-cheetah-model-ch12hf-12ga-shotgun-with-19-barrel-with-free-sgm-tactical-forearm-and-muzzle-brake.aspx?keyword=sg0035&utm_source=Centerfire+Systems&utm_campaign=12d8e4010c-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_06_21&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_a17d16ad3c-12d8e4010c-128126093

It's a DDI 12.   Looking around the internet is looks like DDI 12s are running around $600 by itself if you can find one in stock. this one with free shipping, free forearm, muzzle comp and 4 hi cap mags looks like a good deal.  Reviews on the DDI 12 are generally positive. It has some features I like better than my early production Saiga like the sights, left side charging handle and safety not to mention that you don't have to convert it.   I handled one at a shop a couple months ago and it seemed to be build as well as my Saiga if that is saying anything.

Considering you can't even find a Vepr in stock anymore even at a couple hundred bucks more, this might be the only game in town for this type a shotgun.

Edited by mac66

The Cheetah 12 is a DDI 12, a new importer (SDS Imports) had to change the name, but it's the same weapon.  Many Saiga 12 parts will fit like handguards and muzzle brakes.  You can also put a M4 stock on with no modifications (just parts).  It is a good option for the price given that VEPRs are now banned and the Kalashnikov USA shotgun is 800+.

• Like 2

I think I would prefer to pay $200 more for a version that I don't have to worry about breaking when used with full power shells.

Also $800 for the Kusa gun vs $600 + ~ $150 in 922® parts is a more accurate comparison of the costs.

• Like 4

I think I would prefer to pay $200 more for a version that I don't have to worry about breaking when used with full power shells.

Also $800 for the Kusa gun vs $600 + ~ $150 in 922® parts is a more accurate comparison of the costs.

Except you don't have to convert the DDI12/Cheetah. It already comes with just about everything you need including hi-cap mags.

• 4 weeks later...

I'll stay away from the copies too. There's a REASON they copied the Saiga. They recognized a great gun, and ripped off the design and cut some corners to make a quick buck. It's the Chinese way.

I'll stay away from the copies too. There's a REASON they copied the Saiga. They recognized a great gun, and ripped off the design and cut some corners to make a quick buck. It's the Chinese way.

K-Usa guns aren't chinese.

K-Usa guns aren't chinese.

Never said they were. It IS the Chinese way, along with others. It's much easier to rip off someone else's design than spend $$$ designing something yourself. With little to no R&D costs, they can easily undercut the original designer. That's why we have patent law.here in the US.

Except you don't have to convert the DDI12/Cheetah. It already comes with just about everything you need including hi-cap mags.

except the metal its composed of isnt ideal, and like gunfun said, bolts and carriers have been known to fail, and reallllllly prematurely

Also whole we know that ddi used enough U.S.A. made parts to ensure 922® compliance, we don't actually know that the same it's true for the current importer.