Oh-oh, VEPR banned from import

i wish i woulda grabbed a kvar v12-07.....was a fixed wood stock with 18" barrel.  i have a fixed wood with 22" barrel, but want shorter!!

I wish I had purchased about 20 lugers back in the 90s when a shooter was $400.00

Or pre 86 M60 when they were $1400.00....they are only $60k now

BH

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

The sanctions are still tightening and despite my own personal misgivings about firearms, I don't see them letting up soon with the behaviors and other dynamics. 

I wonder what a rack rate Vepr will in in the next few years assuming this doesn't change. 

I'm just worried about spare parts since I put mine through 600+ rounds a year and it was my first gun, also my most personalized. I don't want it to become a paper weight because of a firing pin or recoil spring.

Keep the factory springs in it, don't do anything stupid to it, and it will be fine. Trust me, you have a long way to go. 600 rounds a year is nothing. I do that in a session or two and did half of that in one video.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

That's good to hear. Either by my own inexperience or just bad luck of getting a unit built of Vodka Thursday with a CNC machine using a bit from 2003 but I've had so many issues I'm freaked about something breaking for good.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

exactly... its kinda like a job.... you were looking for one when you found your current one... same with shotguns... if it explodes catastrophically, find a replacement... by that time youll have a couple options, and the pursuit is half the fun.  if it rusts in the corner while you ponder its existence like Gollum you are not having any fun with it, which was why you bought it.

so yes, dont be like the buds gun shop reviewers who 5 star a gun but never, and i say never shoot it.  "5 stars, best gun ever, maybe ill shoot it when_______" and _____ never comes.  WTF?!??!? how can you review a gun with out shooting it?!?!!!!

• Like 1

I'm just worried about spare parts since I put mine through 600+ rounds a year and it was my first gun, also my most personalized. I don't want it to become a paper weight because of a firing pin or recoil spring.

I'm a fairly new VEPR owner with < 1000 rounds through the pipe with mostly low power loads and am concerned about parts also.  What are the parts the you guys who put volumes of lead through yours that you carry spares for that wear out with high round counts on these guns?  and, where do you generally buy them? 

• Like 1

exactly... its kinda like a job.... you were looking for one when you found your current one... same with shotguns... if it explodes catastrophically, find a replacement... by that time youll have a couple options, and the pursuit is half the fun. if it rusts in the corner while you ponder its existence like Gollum you are not having any fun with it, which was why you bought it.

so yes, dont be like the buds gun shop reviewers who 5 star a gun but never, and i say never shoot it. "5 stars, best gun ever, maybe ill shoot it when_______" and _____ never comes. WTF?!??!? how can you review a gun with out shooting it?!?!!!!

I love those reviews. The other great ones are the ones that only mention how fast it was shipped out and how smooth the transaction went.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm a fairly new VEPR owner with < 1000 rounds through the pipe with mostly low power loads and am concerned about parts also.  What are the parts the you guys who put volumes of lead through yours that you carry spares for that wear out with high round counts on these guns?  and, where do you generally buy them? 

Great question. At over 5k rounds and then about 10k rounds I replaced the extractor spring. It is the same as nearly any AK extractor spring and they are a few bucks each. About 400 of the first 5k rounds were 3" loads fired on setting 2 to see if I could break something. I ended up bending the receiver and decided that what I wanted to break would outlast the receiver under abusive and irregular use.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

That JTS-12 also sold in a more AK version as the EM12B is actually pretty decent.. It is not nearly as crappy as the Fury.

Only downside is that most saiga stick magazines fit really sloppy. 

The KS-12 has been getting good reviews.

I'd honestly like to know how we're getting imports from china when norinco has been sanctioned forever. I haven't seen a Chinese import since polytech. They aren't allowed to own guns so it's safe to say these companies are the same.

Edited by mike123456