Russia, russian rockets, ISIS, and sanctions

Russia seems to be the only semi-heavy-hitter/sizeable force that is actually doing anything to combat ISIS, yet we do not create an alliance with them around this common enemy. We use Russian rockets to launch satellites yet they have not told us to go fly a kite yet. Why are the rockets not under sanctions yet? Riddle me that. Could the ultimate treasure trove of secrets between the US and Russia be the reason the space gig is the untouchable action? Crimea attacked civilians (Russian tourists? journalists?), which set all of this nonsense off (US news will not tell you anything about it) and we have set sanctions against Russia for striking back. Of course, there is an element of Putin's intention to reclaim Ukraine, which made his counter-strike a matter of convenience as far as what US news will share with us. We do the same thing absent the element of conquest. Why doesn't Russia get a pass like we do? I'm just saying nothing is quite what they would have us think and none of it jives 100%. I know it never will.

When does it start making sense and where do you think it will go?

Is Trump getting poor advise? I'm sure someone with money invested in oil (or supporters who do) would want to maintain and expand Russian sanctions. Follow the money when you want an answer.

Article I was reading earlier seemed to indicate that the Iraqi army is about to deliver the coup de gras to ISIS in that country.  They are down to just a few neighborhoods in Mosul, and are expected to be eradicated after a few more days of urban combat.

• Like 1

But now ISIS is taking territory in the southern Philippines...  sad.png

What ever happened with the airliner that the Russians splattered all over Ukraine? I never did hear any actual "resolution" to that one.

Edited by Ronin38

What ever happened with the airliner that the Russians splattered all over Ukraine? I never did hear any actual "resolution" to that one.

In the isis affected areas of PI, citizens are now allowed to carry concealed without a permit. That's their version of martial law in this instance. I'm not sure if it is really having much of an effect though. Lots of PI Marines have died. Count was over 50 last time I checked. The problem there is that the enemy looks just like the good guys do. Many of the good guys are the enemy as well for fear that if they don't fall in line with isis their families will be harmed or killed. It is a tough situation there and I have a feeling it will lead to enhanced firearm freedoms for the law abiding citizenry if the country does not fall to isis. I had the Chief Parliamentarian of the Philippine Senate at my home for a week earlier this month. They have extremely strict gun laws and it has basically created a situation where the citizenry cannot help defend against enemies anywhere near as well as we might here in the US. We had some long conversations about that subject and I hope to have inspired some change there. If I were leading a country that small in the current times, I would want an armed citizenry to bolster Military and Police forces, which are very small. There is nowhere to run and the only options are to fall, fight for isis, or fight isis.

I forgot about the airliner. There must have been someone on there that barry or hillary wanted dead, so under the rug it went, lol.

• Like 2

With the current price of oil their economic resources are in deep do do.

We may not be the best prepared but the Russian military is running on the rims.

They have little money to wage war. Thanks to the last POTUS they have bluffed everyone to the contrary.

Not worried one bit here.

• Like 1

We may not be the best prepared but the Russian military is running on the rims.

They have little money to wage war. Thanks to the last POTUS they have bluffed everyone to the contrary.

You mean they are desperate and have nothing to lose? Uh, that's when people really get dangerous.

Russia has the same military problem as North Korea, just not as desperate. An Army literally runs on it's belly. The North Koreans cannot feed an Army for more than a few days. Russia cannot field a large Army for more than a few weeks. BOTH have few repair and replacement parts. Both have obsolete basic equipment, not the big stuff like planes and artillery, but the little NECESSARY shit like tents and coats and packs and a million other things that we take for granted.

NK can take the field for less than a week. Russia for several months, depending on the percentage of the Army that is in the field. They can cannibalize other units from other areas for small engagements, but a large engagement will soon exhaust logistics.

ANY engagement with either would be bloody, BUT NK will be gone in days. Russia in months with huge devastation and loss of life.

• Like 1

You mean they are desperate and have nothing to lose? Uh, that's when people really get dangerous.

They are not desperate, during the Cuban crisis in the 60s they might have been but blinked.

But now ISIS is taking territory in the southern Philippines...  :(

The missile exploded next to the cockpit and peppered the flight crew with fragments.

The investigators didn't point a finger at anyone.

• 2 weeks later...

Article I was reading earlier seemed to indicate that the Iraqi army is about to deliver the coup de gras to ISIS in that country.  They are down to just a few neighborhoods in Mosul, and are expected to be eradicated after a few more days of urban combat.

Except realistically, their culture about the nature of authority still derives from islam, and therefore will settle into the same result with a different flag.

• Like 4

The missile exploded next to the cockpit and peppered the flight crew with fragments.

The investigators didn't point a finger at anyone.

Well waddya know?!    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/05/world/europe/netherlands-malaysia-airlines-mh17-suspects.html

• Like 1